Pakin & Prapai Ch-29

After a while, Pakhin walked back along with his lover's grandfather. The two entered the monk's house together.

“Dad just arrived. I've prepared dinner already," the monk's mother said with a smile that also looked tired not physically but emotionally.

“Hmm,” the grandfather answered in his throat.

“Phai scoops up some rice for Grandpa and Pakin too,” Phra Phai's mother told her son.

“let me help too,” Pakin said back and went to pick up a plate to pass for Phra Phai to scoop up rice while looking at Phra Phai's face as well while Phra Phai was bent on scooping up rice and not daring to meet his lover's eyes. Pakin then arranged the dishes to serve everyone and sat down to eat dinner together. The atmosphere at the dining table was completely silent which was quite different from whenever they used to have a hilarious conversation with each other. After finishing the meal, Pakin and Phra Phai volunteered to wash the dishes. As for Phra Phai's grandfather, he called his daughter to sit and talk together in front of the house.
...

...

“Soi, what are you going to do about Phra Phai's father?” Phai's Grandfather asked his daughter in a serious tone causing Soi to halt a bit before taking a deep breath to relax a little.

“I don't know either, father. I never thought of meeting him again. Everyone has their own path. He had chosen his own path so I chose mine. But suddenly he came back to see me and asked me about the child again," Soi shared his confusion with her father. She has always been a headstrong woman who patiently raised her son alone although she had her father and brother to support her in everything. But when she came across something that had affected her heart in the past, it made her tremble quite a bit.

“If you ask your father's opinion, your father was very angry with that pillow who left you to marry someone else. I was so angry that I wanted to shoot him out of my gut,” Prakob said making Soi smile a little even though her eyes still looked sad and stern.

“But your father is very old. I will die one day. The day can be tomorrow as well, I don't know. So I don't want to die with worries," the grandfather said again.

“Why do you say that? Father is still strong," Soi said, a little dissatisfied that her father is talking about his death like that.

“Yes, I know that I'm strong. But our lives are uncertain. Isn't that true?” Prakob said again. Soi looked at her father's face blankly.

“Dad, what are you going to tell me about?” she asked suspiciously because when her father is talking like this, there has to be something more than a simple conversation.

“If it was before Father would block everything in every way so as not to let that pillow come any close to you or mess with you again. But now when your father sits and looks at you and Phra Phai, it makes me think that anger or resentment doesn't help. It only makes us miserable. So instead of spending time sitting in anger, wouldn't it be better if we sat down and talked?" Soi's father said as he had thought. After sitting and talking with Pakhin earlier, it made him think more that people should give each other a chance. Try to open their mind and listen to each person's reasons cause there is a reason to do something. Although the conclusion will not come out as expected, at least it solves the doubts in our hearts quite a bit.

“Daddy's going to tell me to talk to P’Sorn?” Phra Phai's mother was a person who could easily understand things.

“You can say that. Let that pillow come in and talk first. If he dares to behave badly Dad is going to shoot him back," The grandfather joked a little because he didn't want his daughter to be stressed out.