Pakin & Prapai Ch-6

"Phra Phai, your forehead has turned red!" Ya exclaimed as Phra Phai walked out of the staff room. He touched his forehead lightly.

"It's okay," he replied with a smile because it didn't hurt him much.

"Look at your face Ya. He said he is okay. But you look like you're in pain instead, " Sa teased his brother.

"Well, I feel guilty," Ya said in a low tone. Phra Phai smiled.

"It happened due to my fault Phi. I walked in straight without seeing anything," Phra Phai told his seniors to make them feel comfortable. Ya nodded slightly and then dispersed to work. Phra Phai continued to do his job and often looked out of the shop.

"What are you looking at, Phai?" Ya asked. Phai turned around and smiled faintly.

"Looking at the sky. It looks like it's going to rain, brother. I am afraid of the rain 'cause I just hang up the clothes to dry," Phra Phai answered evasively.  He looked outside in case Pakhin comes to buy some things from Seven.

"Ow! I don't think it will rain. The sky is more bright and clear than my future here," Ya joked with him. Phra Phai smiled wryly and nodded in acceptance.

"Let's have some noodles during the break, shall we?" Said Ya, inviting him because today many people were working in the shop. So they can go out together.

"Okay, but let's go to the shop next door, Phi. I don't want to walk far away to eat," Phra Phai said. He doesn't want to go far from the shop because he was afraid that Pakhin might come to buy things while he was out eating. He did not expect the other party to greet him or anything but he is satisfied if he gets to look at Pakhin from a distance. And if Pakhin enters wearing sportswear, it would be like a cherry on the cake for him. Phra Phai hoped for it because he knows very well that in the evening Pakhin plays basketball at the university.

"Okay," Ya replied with a smile before continuing to do his duty.
..
..
..
..
..
..

"Phra Phai, you can rest now," Ya walked over to him around 8:00 p.m. Phra Phai nodded in agreement before walking out of Seven towards a noodle shop located next to Seven. Phra Phai had a practice of working for a long time without having to take rest but after coming out of school, Phra Phai hasn't eaten anything yet. So he wanted to take a rest for a while. Phra Phai and Ya sat at the same table and ordered what they wanted to eat.

(Have you returned yet?) Phra Phai looked at the highrise condo and thought to himself.

"Looking at that building again," Ya said teasingly because he always sat in front of Phra Phai to look at him.

"Well, it's Shiny. So I couldn't help but look..." Phra Phai said in a small voice at the end when he saw Pakhin walking towards Seven. His heart rate suddenly skyrocketed at the sight of the tall man which coincides with Pakhin turning to look at him. The boy quickly dodged his eyes with a shy feeling in his heart as if he was caught in the act. The tall figure looked at Phra Phai and Ya with still eyes before entering Seven. Phra Phai wanted to run after him but had to be patient.

"What's wrong Phra Phai? Looking tense?" Ya asked curiously. Phra Phai immediately shook his head.

"No... uh... the noodles have arrived," Phra Phai changed the subject immediately when the seller brought two bowls of noodles to their table. Ya then turned his attention to seasoning his noodles. Phra Phai also did the same but kept turning his head to see whether Pakhin walked out of Seven yet. Not long after, Pakin walked out of the store. Phra Phai hurriedly turned to focus on eating his noodles but raised his eyes to look at Phakin out of the corner of his eyes. Pakhin did not walk towards his condo but instead walked in the direction of Phra Phai.