CHAPTER 3: BAD FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Sydney's view:

I am actually regretting ever agreeing to come here with Jay.  I had no idea that the new bar that he had been talking about was actually going to be like this.  This must be the number one spot in town to go to hook up. And unfortunately, I think I messed up big time.  I thought since I was going to get food to go, I could just sit at the bar, and then order, and be gone.  The bartender is a nice guy, and he keeps apologizing but he is so behind with drinks.  This place is packed. And by the way everyone is talking, I guess everyone here is single, and looking for a hookup.  And I guess the number one place to meet your potential hookup is exactly where I am seated.  The bar.

I have been propositioned, I have been hit on, I have had disgusting and disturbing things said to me about what they could do to me. Almost making me feel sick it's that disgusting.

I admit after Rob, and after the cops that I had to work with, I hate men. Except for Jay, but he doesn't count, he's, my brother.

But I really hate the guys who think they are God's gift to women, like they think that they are so hot, and so good in bed, that they are doing you a favor, and you should fall at their feet, and thank them for picking you.  Self-righteous pompous prick asshole's. 

I almost wish that guy who was dressed funny was back sitting by me, it would be so much better than what has sat in that chair since he moved on.

I don't know what shocks me more, the fact that these guys can say these disgusting things to women they have never met, or the fact that half of these guys are probably married and have a wife and maybe kids at home, or the fact that there are all these girls willing to go be with these guys, that they don't even know. I mean it just disgusts me, but I guess I'm too old fashioned. I've only slept with Rob, and that was because I thought Rob loved me, and I thought we would be together, and get married. Rob led me to think that is where our relationship was headed. With all his lies.

I decided since I was offered the free drink from the bartender more than once, I would get a strawberry frozen margarita.   Sitting here alone is depressing, and just reminds me about Rob and what he did, how stupid I was to believe him.

The bartender is a really nice guy. He told me that his help didn't show up, and then the other girl who was supposed to help if he got backed up, ended up being sick tonight. I felt bad for him, because he is trying hard to make all the drinks, and not only are people at the bar being rude to him that it's taking him so long, but also the server's keep coming up and griping at him.

He said that I have been the most patient and he has done me some favors running some of the guys off, telling them to leave me alone.  I think he's done it just to be nice. At least I hope so. I hope he is not going to ask me out.

I've had another drink, and had another disgusting guy sit by me. I swear if one more guy hits on me, or suggests we leave and go hook up. I think I may become violent.

I feel like I need to go home and take a shower these guys make me feel dirty.

Tom's viewpoint:

I come in the door, and the hostess immediately started flirting with me, and told me what time she got off, and said come find her.  I winked at her and then headed to the bar.

I sat down, and a couple of girls started talking to me. Making it very clear that they were together and interested in a three some.  I said, "never done that, but guess there is a first time for everything."

Sydney's viewpoint:  Ok that was disgusting. I heard a 3some conversation.  I said, "disgusting."   I mumbled it to myself.  

This man was talking to those two girls.  I couldn't help but overhear.  I was disgusted by it, but also, I was mad at myself because when I first saw him, I thought dang he is hot. Like really hot. I thought it must be the alcohol in me, to think that. Like I said I now hate all men. So, I don't go looking to see if men are hot. I should be happy that he is not bothering me. I should be able to just ignore him, so why can't I.  Why is he getting to me so bad?