CHAPTER 23: THREATS AND TORTURE

Tom said "there's nothing to forgive. You didn't know. I'm so sorry Sydney for causing a scene, and embarrassing you, getting drunk, punching him. But I promise you I will fix this I have a plan."

I said, "a plan."

Tom said, "Right, I'll go buy you a beautiful engagement ring, and I'll meet with your father and brother, and ask your dad for your hand, and then I will get on my knees and give you a proper proposal."

I stare at him. Like I'm so shocked I have no words.

I said, "Tom what" He said, "I told everyone we were engaged, so we need to get engaged."

I said, "Engaged Tom no." Tom said "Sydney listen to me. This will work. We can get engaged. And just continue with our life, we are best friends, we work together, we can pretend we are a couple, as far as in front of your family. And we will have a long engagement."

I said, "Tom, I know you were blindsided, and you are in shock, but have you lost your mind."

He said, "um no. What's wrong with us being engaged, and not getting married. I mean some couples have long engagements."

I said, "Right true, but I am not going to be engaged to a man, pretending to be engaged, and then look like a fool, when he goes out and hooks up, and my luck one of my friends would see it, and then everyone would be saying poor pitiful Sydney got cheated on again. Every man she's with cheats on her. I mean Tom you wouldn't be cheating but still it would look like it"

Tom said, "I'm not hooking up. I haven't since before I met you." I said, "you went there to get laid Tom; I heard you talking." He said, "I did, but after I met you, and fought with you, I was too upset about you to, and I turned them down."

I said, "I know that, and I know you are not like Booker who goes out and has sex all the time, but still, you are a single man" He said, "no engaged man." I laughed. So did he.

I said, "Tom be serious please." He said, "I am. I made a mess. I have to fix this. I can't let you be humiliated for my mess. And besides since it's Rob, I don't want him bugging you saying that you made this up because you're hurt. Like that is what that bitch said and it's how it will look. Like you wanted to ruin her wedding, so you lied about being engaged. We have to be engaged Sydney. I have to give you a romantic proposal story to tell your aunt so that your cousin hears it. And all your ex-friends. I will not let you be humiliated because I reacted in anger to Rob."

I said, "What were you thinking at the time, or do you know." tom said "I was pissed at him for being such an asshole to think that you are still in love with him. To think that you cannot move on from him, because he is like the greatest. It pissed me off, that he would not leave you alone, that he's been showing up to your house, that he keeps trying to talk to you, that he got married, and has the nerve to marry your cousin, and then also bug you, and then stare at you, check out your body in that sexy dress, and then lie to you and try and make you dump me, lying to you saying I set you up, that I hunted you down to get revenge on Rob, like he disrespected me fine, but he was disrespecting you by saying that I wouldn't want to be with you for you, it was all about him, and then he would not leave you alone, he was still talking to you like you were his, touching your arm like he had a right to, and then that bitch he married that was the last straw, when she not only had the nerve to ask your dad to walk her down the aisle, but then she makes that f------ speech making it sound like your dad asked her to walk her down the aisle, and then asked your dad to the traditional father daughter dance with you right there, that is such a slap in your face. It pissed me off, and I just wanted to ruin their night, ruin their wedding, and give you the spotlight, let everyone see that you are the winner, the most beautiful girl."