CHAPTER 52: WEDDING EVE

The last few weeks have flown by.  Judy and Allison and Tom's mom all took days off to help get everything ready.

I was second guessing my choice for the location, but Tom told me not to worry about it if it was bad weather we could move it inside,  but we looked at the weather forecast for that day and it was supposed to be great weather.  Actually not to hot, in the 70s.

Tom took off and went with me to the bakery to taste test, and said he was fine with the flowers and everything else that I picked out.

I told Tom if he wanted to go have a real bachelor's party with the guys he could, but he said that he didn't, and besides didn't think that my father and Jay would approve.  He didn't want to upset them.

It was the week of the wedding, and I was totally stressing out, and snapping at Tom. Tom was feeling the pressure as well, and snapped at me right back. We got into a few small arguments. Really small ones. Like over what we wanted to have for supper, things like that. We were both feeling the pressure of soon having our wedding date be here. I knew that Tom did not want to get married, and after one of the nights where we fought, and he snapped at me, I told him I was sorry that he was in this mess because of me and then he said no we are in it because of him and his big mouth. So we argued about that. Silly argument.

I was saying how it was my fault because Tom was trying to help make Kris feel bad for me, but Tom said it was his fault he said it to piss Rob off, then I said well it was my fault that instead of being fake engaged like Tom planned, my dad, aunt, and his mom bought that dress. Tom finally told me he didn't want to argue with me, that we were both feeling the pressure, neither of us planned on this happening, when we agreed to do a fake engagement, there was never supposed to be a wedding. 

Tom said that he doesn't want to back out of it, thinks that is not an option, but he needs to make sure that I am ok with marrying him, because he doesn't want me to back out at the last minute and leave him standing there looking like a fool.  I told him I'd never do that. He said good then it's agreed we are getting married.

Tom decided we should just stop talking about the wedding plans, and just try and go have a night out where we can just relax.  He ordered Chinese food for us and then made us drinks. We decided to go for a swim. It did help ease the pressure we both were feeling. After several drinks.

Friday arrived, and the plan was for Tom to stay at Jay's house, my dad was going to stay the night as well, and they were just going to have lots of food, beer, and any of the guys that Tom wanted to invite. They were going to shoot pool, and shoot hoops outside, my dad was going to barbecue, and then my aunt and Allison made all kinds of food for them to have.

While us girls all stayed at my dad's house, with food, desserts, and drinks, and we were just going to eat, talk, watch movies, listen to music and have fun. 

My Aunt Jackie was really wanting Kris to be invited to my girls night, so I told her it was ok.  Tom and Jay both told me that I should have told her no.  Tom said that he didn't want Rob there with the guys and he figured Rob would not want to be there.

My aunt means well, but she upset me, because one of the things she wanted to do was watch the video of my mom and dad and their beautiful wedding. She thought since we were honoring their anniversary and wedding day by getting married on that day it would be a good thing for us to watch. It hurt seeing my mom so happy and their wedding was just so beautiful. She was a beautiful bride, and my dad a handsome groom.

Margaret then said that she brought wedding video of her and Tom's dad's wedding, so we watched that as well.

At the men's party my dad gave a little speech, again welcoming Tom to the family, saying he was proud to call him a son in law, just don't hurt my little girl.  Jay welcomed him.  Jay had invited his friends to the party. The guys had a good time, drinking, and enjoying the night. Doug and Harry and even Booker all gave speeches about Tom, all three saying they never thought they would see this day.