CHAPTER 13: BAD DAY

A month has passed.  I've had two cases with Tom and Doug, and then I was on a case with Judy and Harry.  So far I am really loving my job.  It's just a little awkward still for me to be around Tom. How when I look at him I get flustered, and how he is making my body feel. I've tried to think of him as just another guy I work with, but so far, I can't stop thinking he is so hot.

It's Saturday and I'm really not wanting to get up and get out of bed.  You see today is going to be a bad day. I already know it.  This past week, when I was over at my dad's, I usually go over to eat dinner with him. My dad asked me to do him a favor. He never asks for favors, and by the look on his face, I could tell he was not wanting to ask me.  I told him sure.

He apologized but then said this is about that no good rotten asshole and about your Aunt Jackie. I'm so sorry to even bring this up.  I immediately felt sick Wished I hadn't ate anything.

I said, "it's ok daddy"  He explained that Jackie came to him all upset, and worried, because of the fact that I hate Kris. And that there is just this tension between us, and she understands  why and she is so sorry for how all this went down, but Kris is her daughter and they want this wedding to be her dream wedding, and Jackie and Kris both are just so upset about the fact that I'm hurt and it's going to ruin the whole thing, this bad tension.

I told my dad if they want to un invite me that would be great.  He told me no that Jackie really wants me there, and so does Kris.  He said his favor was would I go over to my aunt's on Saturday for a lunch, so that they could once again try and let me know how sorry Kris is that they hurt me, and handled this all wrong. I told him I would go.

I wish I could get out of this. I mean call and say I have to work 

. But my aunt is so special to me.  She looks so much like my mom, and I know my mom would want me to go meet with her, to make Aunt Jackie feel better.  I can see in her face, that she is so upset that I was hurt. She blames it all on Rob. Not her daughter. While I blame the both of them, but Kris even more. 

I felt sick as I got dressed.  Jay came over Friday and spent the evening, trying to cheer me up about having to go. He said he would go with me, but I had to talk him out of it, because he hates Rob so much, and when he first found out ,when I found out walked in on them in my bed, and dumped him. I told Jay and he went and beat Rob up. I don't want Jay upset and getting our aunt upset. It's best I do this alone.

Well I knew this lunch was going to be dreadful, I didn't know how bad it would be.  At first it was just bad, then got way worse.  To start off, Kris apologized again, and my aunt apologized, and then she talked about how close we were growing up, how we used to play together, sleep together and have tea parties, and sleepovers.  Kris was saying how I was like her sister and she is so sorry, but she just could not resist Rob when she fell so deep in love with him. She knew it was wrong, but she couldn't stop.  Like I want to hear all this.   Then she was saying how she and I had always planned to be in each other's weddings maids of honor,  My aunt started talking about that.

I said, *I'm sorry Aunt Jackie. I love you so much. You are so special to me. But if you are thinking that I can do that now I just I'm sorry. It is not happening. I will attend only because I want to honor you, because you are so special to me, and been here for me all my life"

.  Kris said, no I wasn't asking you to stand up with me, I would never ask you to do that. I was just saying it makes me sad.  I just I know you are devastated over losing Rob and your dream of marrying him is ruined because he loves me.

  I mean this bitch. Takes everything I have to not smack her in the face.  She kept going on and said maybe some day when I can manage to let my love for Rob go, you can be open to trying to find what I found. I want that for you.  This bitch.  And she's talking like Rob is such a prize. Rob is an asshole. I hate this man. I don't mourn the fact that I lost him.