CHAPTER 48: ROB'S REVENGE

Tom's view:

I looked at my phone and realized I had lots of missed calls from Jay.  I said, "I got to take this mom, can you tell Sydney I'll be right back."  She said, "Sure."  I left and went in the front of the restaurant and sat on a bench.  Sydney and Judy were coming out of the bathroom and saw me, so I went up to her.

I said, "hey Syd. I just realized your brother has been calling and texting me I had my phone on silent when we were talking. I am sure I freaked him out the way I took off." 

I called Jay and said, "hey Jay. I'm sorry I had my phone on silent."  Jay said, "is everything ok? I was a little worried when you took off like that."

I said, "yeah everything is fine. Your sister scared me. She called me and was not talking, just was crying and having trouble breathing. I immediately thought of the worst-case scenario, like a mall shooter."

Jay said, "yeah I hear that dad bought her a 50-thousand-dollar wedding dress. I'm sure she was hyperventilating at him spending that kind of money on a dress for her. He said she tried to make him return it.  I know 50 grand is a lot, but you will see it's worth it when you see her in it. She looks beautiful in it."

I said, "so you've seen the pictures huh, they won't show me, said it's bad luck."   We laughed.

Sydney's view:

We went back to the table and ate and then we left. Tom and Judy and I took Tom's mom home, then we went back to my dad's.  I hugged my dad, and told him he shouldn't have, but he said it was worth it to see my face, and how much I looked like my mom. Tom asked how Amari was, if he was good, my dad said he was a perfect angel, he may or may not be a little bit more spoiled.

Judy left, then Tom and I went home.   Tom was quiet the whole car ride home.

Tom said, "um Sydney would you mind if I go by Doug's real fast."  I said, "no that's fine."  He said, "I won't be long, can I stop and get you anything?"  I said, "No thanks."  Amari and I went inside and sat on the couch. I said, "Amari I think your daddy is freaking out. He looks like he is going to be sick. Probably the thought of getting married is making him sick or is it just the thought of marrying me. "

Tom's view:

I hope Doug is home. I need someone to talk to. Usually I talk to Sydney, but I can't about this.

 Doug answered the door.  I said, "hey Penhall."  Doug said, 'hey Hanson." I said, "um do you have a minute. I really need to talk to you."  Doug said, "Sure come on in."

I said, "Do you have any beer?"  Doug said, "yeah sit down, I'll get us some.."  He went and got us both a beer. Doug said, "you look like you could use this." I said, "Thanks."

Doug said, 'so you and Sydney have a fight or something?" I said, "no."

Doug said, "Good, but you look upset"

I said, "something happened.""

he said, "you and Sydney had sex."

I glared at him, and said, "no."

He said, "please tell me you didn't cheat on her."

I said, "what the hell, no Penhall. Maybe I made a mistake coming over here."  I got up and was going to leave.  He got up and followed me. He said, "Hanson I'm sorry. Please come back."

I turned around and stared at him. Then went and sat down.

Doug said, ". What happened?"

I said, "well my mom and Sydney's aunt insisted on taking Sydney wedding dress shopping. Even though we told them that we may not be getting married for a couple of years. When really we are not engaged at all."  Doug said, "Right."