CHAPTER 54: THE TRUTH COMES OUT

Judy gave me a hug, then said stay right here, but just keep hidden. So that Allison doesn't freak out if she sees you on this floor.

I'm really not sure what Judy told me, as my heart is beating so fast, and I feel like I could just throw up. 

I've thought about the words to use to tell her, I knew eventually I would have to have this conversation with Sydney. I just thought after the wedding would be better. But Judy is right.

Sydney's view:

Judy comes back in.  Allison said, "Judy where have you been, your stylist is ready for you."  Judy said "sorry."

I said, "is everything ok Judy."  She said, "yes Sydney. And you look beautiful."  I said, "Thank you."

Judy said, "girls can I steal Sydney from you, since she is done."  Allison gave Judy a look.

She said, "I think Sydney needs to just have a few minutes by herself. She is stressed. I just think that she might like some time to just chil."

I said, "Actually Judy is right. I am so nervous right now. I just need a few minutes to myself."

Margaret said, "you go with Judy. Just try and relax honey. Everything will be ok. You will see."

Judy took my hand and then took me out the door and down the hall, into another guest room.

This one had a sofa in it.  She said, "you sit down and honey don't worry, everything is going to be fine. I better go before Allison gets upset."  I said, "yes she was worried about you missing your styling appointment."  We laughed.  Judy said, "Can I get you anything to drink or"  I said, "no thanks."

Sydney's view:

I'm relieved that Judy got me out of the room. I know everyone means well. They are all so excited. It's just I'm feeling so many emotions. My mom's letter, in her own handwriting almost gutted me. I wish she was here. If she was here, I know that I could talk to my mom. I could always tell my mom anything, and if there was something I didn't want Jay or my dad to know, she would keep it between us.  Today is one of the times I need my mom. 

"Mom I wish you were here with me. I wish I could talk to you I know that if you are watching down on me, then you know that all  this is fake. I mean that Tom doesn't love me the way I love him. He's sweet, and he's quickly become my best friend, and he's a good man mom. He really was trying to help me at Kris's wedding. And it's all my fault. I mean the way I was getting so upset having a melt down on him crying about Rob and my cousin, that I see why he wanted to help me make her feel bad. Then one thing led to another, and it snowballed. When Tom went with me to Joe's to tell him, Tom looked so sad, and I understand how much he loves his dad, how much he wants to make his dad proud, and I know that he has pretty much made his job his life. Works at being a cop even on the weekend. Never really stops being a cop. He deserves that promotion. I wanted to help him, and I hated lying to daddy and Jay, but I never dreamed one lie could lead to this. Now daddy has spent thousands on this wedding, not to mention my beautiful dress, and Tom is feeling the pressure, to get married when he never wanted to get married."

"I wish you were here mom so I could talk to you and tell you this, and you could comfort me. I want him to love me the way I love him. I know that's being selfish and too much to ask. I'm grateful to him for wanting to be my best friend, and for saving my life, I have no right to want him to be in love with me too."

Judy left and hurried around the corner where she left Tom. She said, "hurry Hanson. I'm not sure how long you can have with her, before Allison and her aunt come looking for her. To put on her dress."