CHAPTER 50: WHAT DID YOU DO?

I take a few deep breaths trying to calm down,  as I approach the door to my house.

I go in and Tom is on the couch with Amari.  Tom is eating a ham and turkey sandwich and Amari is watching every bite. And I'm pretty sure Tom is sharing his sandwich with Amari.  Amari knows how to make pitiful starving eyes at you and make you feel guilty for not sharing,

Tom looked up when I came in the room.  He said, "hey Sydney."

I stare at him.  Hey Sydney, really that is all he is going to say.

I said, "Hanson."

Tom said, 'Amari sure knows how to make you feel guilty if you don't give him all your food."  Tom laughed.  I said, 'yes he does."

Amari runs to me, and jumps on me, then looks back to Tom, as he is taking a bite, and races over to Tom.

Tom's view:

I was kind of hoping that she would not be home so soon. I'm at a loss for words at how to tell her. I don't know how to tell her what I did. I mean how do you tell a girl that she is getting married in a few weeks. Especially when we just agreed the other day that our plan of a long engagement isn't changing.

Sydney's view:

I had managed to calm down some. Seeing Tom with Amari made me smile.  But the fact that Tom is just sitting there eating his lunch, and still has not yet bothered to tell me that he moved our wedding to June. What was he thinking? Does he not know that since he told Rob that we were getting married in June, we have to get married in June. Unless he wants to stage a breakup. The only way out is a breakup. Is that what he wants? Otherwise we are getting married in June. How is he so damn calm. Just sitting there watching tv and eating.

Tom said, "Sydney how was your lunch with Allison."

I think to myself. I'll tell you how my lunch with Allison was. It was fine, until I got the shock of my life and almost choked when I find out that I'm getting married in June.

I said, "it was good. How was your afternoon? Anyone come by?"

Tom's view:

Maybe it's just me feeling guilty, because I'm putting off telling her, but damn I almost feel like she knows. She definitely seems like she is a little pissed off at me. She smiled at Amari after he ran over to her and then ran back to me begging for more of my sandwich, but her smiles are only directed at Amari, not me. And her body language. She is standing there with her hands on her hips. I've not been around girls that much, just Judy, but I'm thinking that the way she is standing is not a good sign. And its also not a good time to notice how extremely hot and sexy she is when she is mad.  But damn she is. My mind and lower half of my body is trying not to think of that. Focus Hanson. 

It's at this time that I realize she is waiting for me to answer. Now what was her question. I said, "yeah um Doug, and Harry came by."

She said, "just Doug and Harry. Did anyone else come by.?"

Ok, she knows. The look she is sending me right now. Is damn scary. Hot and sexy but scary. 

Sydney's view:

Seriously he is not going to tell me. What in the hell.

I said, "Hanson I think that you had better start talking."

He scratches the back of his head. Is looking at me.

Tom said, "um did you have something that you wanted to"

I stopped him by coming closer to him.  He almost look scared. Damn he looks hot, and smells so good. His cologne makes me feel weak. Now is not the time to get lost in how hot he is.