CHAPTER 37: BABIES AND DREAMS

I woke up and called my dad and Jay and Allison and invited them to come for breakfast. I wanted to thank my dad for defending Tom to Rob and his dad and for keeping Tom from being arrested. I went downstairs to start breakfast.  Tom came down in pajama bottoms and no shirt.  Making it so hard on me to not drool while staring at him.

He said, "morning."  He walked around me, and leaned over me pinning me into the counter, putting both his arms on either side of me, when he said morning, to get a cup of coffee. I said, "morning"  I turned to face him. I said, " so Tom um uh" He smiled at me.  

I said, "don't take this the wrong way, but can you go up and put a shirt on and get dressed please?"

He smirked.  He said, "yes ma'am. Are you feeling too hot?"  He smiled.

I said, "Hanson we have breakfast guests, and I just don't want my dad getting" Tom said, "oh yeah me either.  I definitely don't want on your dad's bad side."  He smiled at me.  I laughed.  Then he turned and winked at me.

I made a big breakfast, omelets, pancakes, bacon, fruit plate, hash browns, biscuits gravy.

Tom took a quick shower and got dressed.  He said, "Damn Sydney you are the best cook.

I said, "Thank you."

Tom hugged me, but the doorbell rang. Tom said, 'I'll get that.'  He left. I followed him into the living room.

He opened the door. It was my dad.  He said, "morning sir."  My dad said, 'Tom" Tom said, "your daughter is making a feast. It's killing me she won't let me have any."  I laughed. Because of how that sounded.  Tom looked at me, and I guess could read my face.  He said, "any food sir. She's enjoying torturing me making me smell that food and won't let me have even one piece of bacon."  I laughed. So did my dad. He said, "my girl can be mean."  They laughed.

I went and hugged my dad. He thanked me for inviting. him.

I said, "Daddy I wanted to thank you for defending Tom, and threatening Rob and his dad, that you would turn Rob in for whatever you found on him, if Tom got arrested. You have no idea what that means to me daddy. Thank you."  I burst out into tears.  Tom looked at me.  My dad hugged me.

He said, "sweetheart I'm glad to do it. And I need to thank you son for defending my daughter."  He put his hand out and Tom shook it.

Tom said, "always sir."  I was fixing my dad his coffee and refilling Tom's for him. 

My dad said, 'You know Tom, I think you will understand, after you and Sydney get married, and decide to start your family. If you have a baby, when you take one look at them you are going to be filled with so much love, but if you have a baby girl, not only will you feel so much love with her, you are going to feel like the weight is on your shoulder's, to always protect her, make sure no one ever hurts her, keep boys away from her.  You pray that when she grows up, that she will find the right man, who will love and honor her, and respect her, never hurt her. I'm glad that she has that man now."  He patted Tom's shoulder.

It made me cry. I mean just thinking about how I would love to be a mom, and to Tom's baby. How Tom would be such a great dad. And will be a great dad. Because I believe that Tom will end up falling in love and getting married. he's too perfect of a man to be alone. I just hate that it's not me.

Tom's view:

Damn I'm trying my best to not let any tears out. When Sydney's dad said that. I would love nothing more than to marry Sydney and make babies with her. I know Sydney will be the best mom. She's sweet, loving, nurturing, protective, I mean just watching Sydney with those little girls last night. It hurt watching her, because I want that with her. I really do. But I know that I'll never get that with her, and I want her to have the world. I wish I could give her the world, but I'm not good enough. I know some guy will sweep her off her feet, and she will fall in love, and marry him. Have his baby. And it will kill me to see. I wish I could stop that from happening. I'm being selfish, but I'm going to do everything in my power to try and stop her from meeting someone. I mean since we are fake engaged, I'm sticking to her like glue.  But if it's fated for her to be with her true love, they will meet regardless of what I do.