CHAPTER 39: THE BAD BOY AND THE KNIFE

I got up early to make Tom breakfast.  I was down in the kitchen at the stove and I turned to go to the fridge and ran right into Tom.  He said, "hey there"  Right as I bumped into him.  I was caught off guard, as I didn't hear him come in the kitchen, so I stumbled a little, and he wrapped his arms around me to keep me from falling.

I said, "um sorry."  He said, "you don't have to almost hurt yourself just to give me a hug"  I immediately feel my face burning.  Great, of course I'm blushing.  I said, "very funny Hanson"

He laughed and let go of my waist and went to the fridge.  I missed his arms around me and suddenly felt cold.  

Tom sat down at the table, and I fixed his plate and put it down for him.  He said, 'Thanks."  I got mine and then sat down.

Tom was looking at his laptop, and eating.  I was staring at him.

Ok, I typically stare at him, as often as I can. I just try and be discreet about it, and hope he doesn't notice.  If it's possible to miss someone staring at you.

  But the reason I'm staring at him now, is his outfit. He is on a case with Doug, but he has been wearing just his regular clothes, and oh his glasses.

Let me tell you, he is so hot with his glasses on. But today he's totally dressed as a bad boy. All he needs is his bandana for his hair, but he has it with him.  He has a white long sleeve shirt, with a vest on over that, he has ripped jeans. He looks so hot. I could stare at him all day. he even has chains on.

I look him up and down. He even has a switchblade knife. Oh my God he has a knife on him.

I said, 'Hanson what is up?"  He said, "What" Without looking at me. Eyes on his laptop.

I said, 'Um isn't that your McQuaid outfit?"

Tom looked up at me.  He said, "oh yeah it is"  He went back to his laptop.

I was expecting there to be more to the conversation, but he didn't say anything else.

I said, "Well what's up? Tom are you expecting to um?" 

 I mean how do I word this, I'm starting to get worried about him. I mean Tom can fight, for sure. But what kind of school is he in that he needs to take a knife. He must really be in danger.

Tom looked at me.  He said, "Syd what's wrong?"

I said, "Are you in danger?: Shouldn't Adam be informed? I mean Tom maybe Adam can put more guys in with you, if it is going to be this bad. You and Doug need backup."  I am rambling. 

Worst case scenarios are popping in my mind.  Tom being attacked by a whole gang, and it's just him. He's in the bathroom, Doug is in class, Tom's being jumped. Hurt bad. I guess I must be making a face.

Tom put his hand on my hand. He said "Sydney slow down, what' wrong?"  I said, "Tom are you expecting to be jumped today? If so, please let Adam help you, by getting you backup. What if 20 guys jump you in the bathroom."

Tom laughed.

He said, "Are you worried about me?"  He is laughing

I hit his arm. I said, "yes Hanson I am worried about you, go on and make fun of me for it."  I got up.

Tom got up. He said, "hey come here."  He pulled me into him. He said, "I'm sorry for laughing, but I wasn't making fun of you. I appreciate you caring."

Tom said, "Sydney I'm fine. I'm not in danger."  I said, "Tom don't be stubborn. I know you can fight. I've seen it. I've never seen anyone hit like you, but you can't just take on a gang of boys."