CHAPTER 6: GIRL TALK

Sydney's point of view.  

Lunch was good.  I was asking them how they liked Jump Street how long that they have been there.  And they each told me, and then were telling me funny stories about some of the cases that they have worked on.  Dennis got a phone call, it was one of his friends, she worked at a club, and I guess needed help with one of the customers, who was starting to threaten the girls, so Booker paid and then left.

I said, "Judy before we go back, do you have a minute that we could talk"  She said, "Sure."

I didn't want to really get to much into it, I mean I don't want to tell her what Tom said to me, all the mean things, I mean she would probably have his back, but just in case, he might see it as me trying to get her mad at him, which I'm not. I really am not. I just think that she should know that I'm the crazy bitch who hit him. Because from all she has said about him, I think that they are close friends. I can see on his end the way he talked about her, that he values her as a friend, and I just think she should know because I figure she is not going to want to be my friend too. 

Maybe because I was stabbed in the back, and am still hurt by not only my cousin doing that to me, but all my friends who I grew up with, hung out with. They all chose Kris over me. Instead of telling me. I feel like a fool around them. I know it's nothing like that, but I just don't want Judy to ever find out and then feel betrayed by me. I need to let her know now, so that she can make the choice if she wants to be my friend too.

I said, "Judy I wanted to thank you so much for being so nice to me. For welcoming me, and showing me around, and asking me to go to lunch"  She said, "sure. I'm so excited to work with you, and be friends. I was thinking maybe Saturday if you don't have plans, we could hang out, maybe go to the mall." 

 I said, "Sure I would love that. You have no idea. I mean I don't have any friends. They all kind of stabbed me in the back. I would like to be friends with you, but I need to tell you something first, and I'll understand if you don't want to be friends with me. I would rather tell you so that you know, and if I lose out on being your friend then that's ok I want you to have the facts before you make a decision to be my friend."

I said, "I don't really want to get into details, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm the crazy bitch."  She said, "um I don't understand."  I said, "I'm the crazy bitch who attacked Tom last night. I know that you are close friends with him, and I totally get that you have his back, and you would rather not be friends with me, because he hates me."

She said, "Wait what you hit Tommy?"  I said, "yes."   She said, "sorry just give me a minute. I am a little shocked"  I nodded.

She said, "I thought something was up with you two the way Hanson was acting. I mean the way he was looking at you. But when we all asked him if he knew you he kept saying no."  I nodded.

She said, "you don't need to explain, and yes I will always have his back, because he's been there for me when I really needed him. But that doesn't mean that you and I can't be friends. I mean I don't know you, but you don't seem like a bitch to me. And the fact that you are volunteering this information, just so that I know before we become friends. That doesn't sound like a bitch."

I said, "all my friends, all the girls they all stabbed me in the back, and so I'm still feeling the pain of that betrayal. I just never want to stab someone in the back ever. Because I know how bad it makes you feel when it happens to you. That is why I don't feel right being friends with you without telling you what I did.  I'm not proud of it."

She said, "you don't need to tell me details, I just don't understand. I mean Tom is a good man. I mean he's polite, respectful, holds doors open for women, always goes to get the passenger door. He said that he never met you. Oh no, were you one of his hookups? And maybe he forgot?  I  don't go hook up. I have some major trust issues with men right now, so I'm not dating anyone, and I don't go hook up have one nighters, but for girls who do, I can imagine that would hurt."