CHAPTER 34: TEASING AND EMBARRASSING STORIES

Sydney's view:

Tom my dad called to tell me that he is throwing a big party for my Aunt Jackie's birthday. He wanted to confirm with us that we could be there. Before he plans it. It's going to be a surprise party. He wants to have it a week before her birthday, so that she doesn't expect anything. He is going to ask her to come over for lunch. Then when she gets there, everyone will be outside."

Tom said, "sounds good she will be really surprised huh" I said, "yes everyone will be in the backyard, he will lead her out suggest they eat outside, then we will all surprise her. It's going to be a pool party."

Tom choked on his juice. About spitting it out. I looked at him. He was. coughing.

I said, "Are you ok" Tom said, "yes just went down the wrong way. Sorry."

Tom's view:

Well, my morning is ruined. I mean the thought of Sydney at a pool party where I'm assuming other guys will be there. That is not ok. Rob will probably be invited. Dammit. I want to be the only one to see her in that bikini. I don't want him seeing her in a bikini. Then the horrible thought comes to my head, that Rob has seen all of her, not just her in a bikini. He's had sex with her.

I said, "Sydney when is this party" She said, "next Saturday. Do you have plans?" I wish I could tell her yes that I made plans for us, but I can't do that. This is her aunt, and I know how much she means to her. Sydney needs to be there at this party, and besides if I said that we had plans, it would just make her dad change the date of the party. He wants his daughter at the party.

I said, "no" She said, "Good then I'll call my dad and let him know. I'm going to need to help him plan the party." I nod.

She said, "Oh there is one problem." I said, "What's that." She said, "Rob is invited. You know since" I said, "yeah I figured he would be invited." She said, "Will that be ok, I mean if you are upset to be around Rob, if it brings up bad memories of that night, Tom I can tell my dad that we can't make it. I can say we have to go to work."

That means so much to me that she would do that for me. Hurt her aunt just because I don't want to be around Rob. But I can't let her do that.

I said, 'While I don't want to see him, it's fine. I'm more concerned with you having to be around them. Sorry Syd, it just looks to me like he is punishing you for dumping him, so he's shoving that bitch in your face. Trying to hurt you."

I said, "it's fine. It doesn't hurt me anymore. I mean the betrayal of her is what really hurts. I thought of her like a sister. As far as Rob goes, I'm thrilled that I'm not with him. He's not the man I thought he was. I regret ever meeting him. Tommy I'm just so sorry for what he did to you. I mean betray you like that, and on that night."

She touched my hand. I take her hand in mine. She really is the sweetest girl. I mean Rob betrayed her, lied to her, cheated on her with her cousin, then married her cousin forcing her to watch, and she's upset for me. But I have to say those words just made me so happy, I mean she's not still in love with Rob. She's totally over him, and regrets ever meeting him. Now she's mine. Well, I mean he thinks that she is mine. I just wish I could really make her mine.

I realized I hadn't said anything. Too busy thinking.

I said, "you're very sweet Syd." I smiled. She gave me a killer smile. One that almost stops my heart.

We are eating, and Sydney is laughing. I look and she is looking at her phone.

I said, "What's funny?" She said, "oh I was just looking at all the comments that our pictures got and the video got. Tommy there are even more. From your bowling friends, and then their wives.," I said, "Read some to me" I smile.