CHAPTER 55: REST OF MY LIFE

Toms' view:

I am so happy right now, I have never been happier in my life. It is taking everything in me to not scream and yell she loves me, she said yes. Everyone would think I've gone crazy if I do that.

We are standing up here waiting for Sydney and her dad. I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest and then explode.

Booker said, "you are minutes away from becoming a married man Hanson. You sure you're ready for this."

I said, "I can't wait."  The guys laugh.

Doug said, 'I'm really happy for you Hanson."  I said, "Thank you. Thank you guys all of you for being here."  Harry said, "We wouldn't be anywhere else."

I scanned the crowd. The fact there are hundreds of people here make me nervous, so I shouldn't look, but I wanted to see one person in particular. Rob. He is glaring at me, and if looks could kill I'd be dead.

I said, "Jay I hope Rob doesn't try anything. I can see that he is glaring at me, sending me death threats by his looks."  Jay said, "he isn't that stupid. In fact, dad and I had a word with him when he and Kris came in, and my aunt was with them. My dad let it be known that Rob is not to say or do anything or else he will ruin him, and Jackie won't be able to save him. Then my aunt said Rob is that clear, do not cause a scene. I'm warning you. I'll be on my brother in law's side if you do."  We laughed.

I really need to calm down. My heart is almost beating out of my chest, and it's so loud I wouldn't be surprised if everyone can hear it.  I need to try to breathe, but my lungs don't want to seem to cooperate.

  My mom walks down the aisle.  She walks to me, and then gives me a hug telling me she is so happy for me. She is crying.

Then Allison walks down the aisle. She smiles at me, then Jay gives her a hug and a kiss.

Then Judy walks down the aisle. She looks beautiful. She gives me a hug. I whispered in her ear, "thank you Judy for your advice."  She then got hugs from Dennis, Doug, and Harry.

I knew Sydney would look beautiful in her wedding dress, but I didn't realize what seeing her walking to me would do to me, maybe it's the fact that I know that she's in love with me, that she and I are really going to be a couple, going to be a real marriage. The minute I saw her, tears formed in my eyes. Damn am I really going to be the guy who cries at his wedding. Who would have ever believed that.

I think the guys were razzing me about it, but I can't hear them, and then I see Judy getting onto them. Judy is awesome. Always having my back.  I give them a smile, then turn my eyes back to my bride walking to me.

Sydney is holding on tight to her dad's arm. I know that she's worried about tripping, and I now can see why, that dress is so long on her, she almost needs someone to hold the back end up.  The dress is sparkling white, and the jewels in it are just shining so bright. Just like her. I see why her dad insisted on buying her that dress, no matter the cost.

As Sydney got closer I could see her looking at me.  That made tears come to my eyes even more. And then I could see tears in her eyes.  Her dad is trying his best not to cry, but he is failing at that.

It seems like I'm watching them walk in such slow motion that it seems like it's taking hours for them to get to me, but it's not, it's only taking minutes.  With a crowd of 500 to 600, they have disappeared for me, it's only me and Sydney. I know for a fact that I'm so completely in love with this girl, I'll love her for the rest of my life.

Sydney was not wanting to recite our own vows, when the preacher met with us. One because of the big crowd, and two she mentioned something to me about she didn't think we should because this was not real, we weren't real. I don't want to put her on the spot or make her think she needs to say anything, so I'm going to let her know that she doesn't but I want to. I want to say something in front of everyone. I want  her to know in front of everyone here that I"m totally in love with Sydney.