CHAPTER 15: YOU GOT A DATE

Sydney's view:

Tom took me to Olive Garden. It was so crowded. But after the long day, and all my tears and drama, the food tasted so good.  We talked about work, and cases.  He made me laugh. He is so funny when he wants to be. I mean I've noticed he is so serious most of the time at work, like he really acts older than his age. But when he is telling stories, he is so funny. After we ate, he walked me to my car.

I said, "Tommy thank you again for everything. I mean letting me ramble on and cry on you, the sweet offer to help me, and for dinner, and just spending time with me. I really didn't want to be alone. tonight."  He said, "I had a great time with you. Thank you for letting me take you to eat, and for saying we can be friends."  

He said, "just remember if you change your mind about that date to the wedding, Sydney I will take you. I won't let anything come up ok. I won't let you down. But I accept your decision. Have a good night. But if you need me at all Sydney. Call me. Please."

I said, "thank you Tom. I will" Tom said, "Sydney if you need to talk or vent, or if Rob is bothering you, I can go find him, kick his ass, tell him to leave you alone. If you need to cry I can come over and lend you, my shoulder. I really mean it. I will do anything for you. All you have to do is tell me what you need from me."

I said, "Thank you."  I gave him a hug.  I left.

Tom's view:

Damn I still can't believe that this jerk could have the most beautiful girl and cheat on her. No wonder she hates men. No wonder she raged at me. It all makes sense now. I really hope that she will change her mind, but I'm being really selfish right now. I mean what she doesn't realize is that she could get any guy to take her to the wedding. I mean any guy would be lucky to get a date with her.

I need to find out more about this Ben. I mean I'm sure he's hot for her. I just am a little concerned with him being her neighbor, and she is kind of naive and too nice for a cop. I mean like these kids we arrest she feels sorry for them, and then says I hope it's not too tight, or please. Like she thinks this Ben just was doing this to help her as a friend, I'm sure that he wanted that date, In fact I'm sure that he wants more than a date, and I don't think she realizes that.  She trusts this guy and he could be a snake. He could be a pervert or a sex offender. I mean ok probably not the last one, because she's a cop I'm sure she is careful and checks the registry for people near her. But still it's bad if she trusts him and I mean he has access to her, living right next door.

Sydney's view:

I noticed that I had several missed calls and texts from Jay.    I called him told him I was sorry I ended up putting my phone on silent and forgot. I was working with Tom, getting research.  I don't know why I lied to Jay. I mean I could have just said I was what hanging out with Tom, out to eat, no I don't need to tell Jay that.  Jay wanted details about lunch. I told him it was a nightmare. But it was ok. That Rob showed up, and neither of them have morals or decency, I told him all Kris was saying.  Jay said, "you know she is our cousin, and we grew up close, but I can't stand her. I mean I blame Rob more because he was your man, but she is disgusting. I really don't want to have anything to do with her, or go to this wedding, but Aunt Jackie would be hurt."

He said he had to go, but call if I need him.

I ended up driving to Judy's.  I called and asked if she was busy, and if I could stop by. She said sure.

I told her that I had a nightmare day, and then told her the whole story. I mean how I walked in on Rob and Kris, how my friends kept it secret, then all about today, I left out the part that I said Tom was the hot guy, but I did tell her that they made me so mad saying that I could not get over Rob, that I told them I had a new romance with a new guy I met.  She said she would have done the same thing.  I then told her well I wish I hadn't of and then went into detail about how I hate to take my brother or dad as a date, being made fun of, so I asked the only guy I knew Ben to take me, and then he told me today after I ran my mouth, that he can't take me, so I was all upset crying and cried all over Hanson and he said he'd take me but I told him no.