CHAPTER 7: MATCHMAKER JUDY AND TRUCE

Tom's view:

Not going to lie, I've been slowly going crazy. Just the fact that Booker not only went to lunch with Sydney, but it's been all day. I mean all afternoon.  Doug came back with Harry. They could tell I was irritated, but I had to not blow it, not let them know I'm mad that Booker is having all day lunch with Sydney.

Harry said, "Where is everyone."  I glared at him.  Harry said, "Hanson you still in a bad mood?"  I said, "I don't know where they are, I guess Booker thought that it's ok to blow off work and take the new girl out all day lunch."  I slammed my book shut.  Harry made a face and looked at Doug.  Harry said, "you're jealous. Is Sydney the girl from last night? Did she hit you? What did you do to her?"  I frown at them. Not this again.

Doug said, "come on Hanson. Syd is a sweet girl"  I said, "Don't call her Syd. That's not her name."  Harry and Doug laughed.  

I laugh at the thought of her being a sweet girl. Well it's true, she's a sweet girl to everyone but me. For some reason she hates me. She hated me the moment she saw me.

I was so happy when Booker ended up coming back and had said that he didn't know where the girls were, they had lunch, then he had to go help his friend out. That is a relief that he hasn't been with her all this time.

Judy had come in but not with Sydney. Maybe she is outside.

We said hi to Judy. Doug asked where Sydney was. I wanted to but didn't.  Judy said, "she went on home."

Judy was at her desk.  Doug said, "Hey Hanson, Harry and I are going to go out tonight get wasted, find some girls. You in?"  I looked at them.  I mean it's exactly what I need to do, to cope with having to work with a girl who hates me. But I don't want a repeat of last night. I mean if I rejected a girl rejected a hookup in front of the guys, they would rag me on it."

I said, "no thanks" Doug said, "come on Hanson, what did this girl do to you. I mean for you to be hung up on her."  I said, "I'm not hung up on her. Trust me."  Harry said, "Then why don't you want to go hook up."  I said, "I don't feel like it."

The guys left.  I said, "later Jude."  She said, "Hey Hanson."  I said, "Yeah" She said, "you want to hang out tonight." I said, "Sure I got the beer you bring the pizza" She said, "Deal see you soon."

We sat down to eat .  Judy said, "Tommy about Sydney."

I think dammit. Why is everyone asking me about her. How many times do I have to say that no I don't know her. Besides I'm trying to get my mind off of her, not talk about her.

I said, "What about her."

Judy said, "I know that she is the one who hit you and yelled at you."  I stare at her in shock.

That damn bitch I'm thinking.  Wow I cut her some slack, don't go tell on her, and what does she do but stab me in the back. Of course, she does. I never saw this coming. I mean it's not enough for her to rip me, make a fool of me, hit me, but now she wants to what lie to Judy tell her I did all this stuff to make her hit me, and cause a problem between me and Judy. I mean if I was mad last night, she hasn't seen anything yet. What next, stab me in the back, and tell Adam that I did something, is she going to try and get me fired. What the hell.

Judy said, "She told me what happened."    I said, "Did she now."

Judy said, "She said that you did nothing wrong, that it was all her, that she was having a bad night, with all these disgusting perverts being disgusting hitting on her, suggesting what they could do to her, touching her, and she had a few drinks and then thought the next guy who sits down and speaks to her is going to get it, and that was you She said she took everything bad that had happened out on you, simply because you sat down by her."