CHAPTER 57: THE CAPTAIN'S WIFE

Time Jump

We have been married for 2 years.  

On our one year anniversary, Tom surprised me. He took me to the beach, had a table there with chairs, and had dinner brought to us. All my favorite Italian food, with my favorite dessert, and a bottle of our favorite wine.

He had music on his phone, and then we danced, and kissed, and since the beach was secluded I wanted to find our secret hiding place we had found and go make love. We have made love on the beach before in a spot that no one could find us or see us. It's totally hidden.

Tom told me not to rush the night. We would end up there, but he needed more dancing.

We were dancing. He kissed my cheek. He said, "Happy Anniversary baby. I love you more than the day I married you, and you have no idea how much I loved you the day you married me."  He kissed me, and I said, "I love you Tommy so much. Happy Anniversary babe and thank you so much for remembering and giving me this romantic date tonight."

Tom said, "Syd there is no way I could forget the happiest day of my life. The best day of my life."  He kissed me.

Tom said, 'Sydney can I ask you a question."  

I said, "yes"

Tom kissed me.  He said, "Baby this past year has flown by, and I have been so happy. Every day with you is incredible. But I want to know, are you as happy with me as you were the day you married me, any regrets on our first year together Because I have no regrets."

I said, "Tommy I have no regrets. I love you even more than you could know. You are the man of my dreams, the love of my life. I lie awake in your arms, watching you sleep, and just still so amazed that this is actually my life, that it's real, and not a dream. You make me so happy."

Tom said, "Good, so are you saying then you would do it all over and marry me again"

I said, "Yes definitely"

Tom said, "Good I'm really glad to hear that."  He dropped to one knee. With my hand in his.

I said, "Tommy"  He said, "Sydney I love you. You are the best gift I have ever been given. I love you so much, Will you please do me the honor of marrying me again."

He opened a little box, with a beautiful diamond ring.  I cried.

I said, "Tommy yes, but you didn't need to get me another ring. It's so beautiful."

I pulled him up.

Tom said, "Baby if you want to do the whole wedding thing it's fine. I would love to see you in that gorgeous beautiful dress, but honestly I was hoping that tonight we could celebrate our first anniversary by just saying our vows to each other again here, alone, we are already married, so if you want to marry me again tonight."  He smiled.  I said, 'you are so sweet to me. yes Tommy I would love to spend our first anniversary saying our vows again. I don't need another wedding. with guests."

We said our vows, and of course then celebrated in our hidden spot.

Our 2nd year of marriage,  Tom surprised me with dinner by candle light, at the hotel where we had our reception, he had arranged for Amari to stay with my dad, and he booked us the same suite.  My husband is so romantic.

Adam left his position and moved up to the downtown office. They had a big ceremony for Adam welcoming him. Everyone was there, then they had a dinner in his honor.

We decided to throw him a goodbye party. Totally catching him by surprise  A lot of tears were shed, and laughs shared, as everyone talked about all the cases and good times that they have had with Adam. He said that we make him feel like he is moving far away, when he's just gong to be a few miles down the street, promised us he would stop in, and wanted us to come visit him in his new office.