CHAPTER 45: SURPRISES

It was Friday, and as much as I hate to admit it. Tom and my dad and brother are right. I'm not ready to go back to work. I thought since my pain was almost gone, that I was ready, but I am exhausted.

I ended up sleeping late. I woke up around 10.  

Tom was on the couch, and said, "hey morning."  I said, "I can't believe I slept until 10 and I went to bed early Tom."

He said, "you need all the rest you can get. Can I make you breakfast?"  I said, "thank you."

I was quiet as I ate.  Tom had ate his breakfast around 6, so he just sat at the table with me.

Tom said, "Sydney after you eat, do you want to go with me?"

I said, "sure I'd love to."

Tom laughed.  He said, "that sure perked you up, turned that frown on your pretty face to a smile."

I laughed.

He said, "Shouldn't you ask where I'm going, before you agree. I mean I could be dragging you to a boring auto parts store and make you watch paint slowly dry on a car."

We laughed.

I said, "Hanson I don't think I would care. I mean that' s not true, I think after a while I would be bored, but I just want to get out of the house."

Tom said, "well I'm not taking you to some boring store."  I smiled.  I said, "do I need to go change."

I had on one of Tom's grey hoodies, and some sweatpants.

Tom said, "no you look beautiful and perfect for where we are going."

I said, "I need to go upstairs and then I'll be right down."  Tom said, "ok."

Tom had fixed a picnic basket. With chips, bread, cheese, ham and turkey for him, and had a bottle of sangria wine, and some chocolate chip cookies.

He hurried and took the basket to the car, and then I came down, he was coming back in.

Tom said, "Are you ready?"

I said, "yes."  Tom held the door open for me, and then opened my car door for me.

I said, "Where are we going."

Tom said, "Sorry. But I can't tell you. You see that is top secret information, and you are not on the list."  He smirked.

I said, "on the list."

He said, "yes."  I said, "So there is a list huh. Just who is on this list?"

Tom said, "just me and two other people."

We laughed.  I said, "So who are the two other people."

He said, "I can't tell you that sweetheart, or else then it wouldn't be a surprise."

I said, "not fair Hanson. "

Tom said, "yes."

I said, "be that way Hanson, I guess the surprise I had for you later today, isn't happening."

Tom said, "What" I laughed.  I said, 'I maybe was going to put on my old uniform. But I don't think so now."

Tom said, "hey that's not nice."  We laughed.

Tom said, "I'm not going to be able to keep this surprise from you for very much longer, and you will see why."

Because he was going to Lila and Joe's and I could tell, as we got closer, and he turned on the road that would lead to their huge estate.  I laughed.

Tom did too.  He said, "Since I am taking you to one of your favorite places, do you think that I could maybe get that uniform surprise."  I said, "we will see."