CHAPTER 46: WEDDING DRESS DISASTER

After we all ate, Allison said that it was time to cut the bridal engagement cake. That is what she was calling it.

She had me and Tom go up, which is awkward for me. Since none of this is real. We are never getting married.

But then I was even more caught off guard, when all  of the guests, started coming up to congratulate us, and handing us gifts.  Tom was as shocked as I was, and it hit him hard. Taking gifts from these people, when all of this is fake, and we are never getting married. We are never going to be a couple.

Tom quickly said you shouldn't have and I said the same, and then we said the same thing, how we are just engaged, he just wanted to make a commitment so I knew he was for real, and not playing a game with me. But it was no use.

Everyone insisted we keep the gifts, and open them.  We got so many wonderful, special gifts. From gift cards, to sentimental couple gifts, photo frames, and you name it we got it, stuff for the house. 

It was so late, and the party was still going, so my dad said we should just spend the night. Tom said that was fine with him. So, Amari and I slept in my room, and Tom slept in one of the guest rooms.  Jay and Allison were going to stay the night too.  The party went on until after midnight.  Tom's mom stayed the night as well and got another guest room.  Since Judy came with Dennis, he took her home. 

It's Saturday morning.  Amari did good, slept all night. I woke up to him on my shoulder, with his head against me. I already love him so much.

Last night after surprising us with the party. I'm still overwhelmed with that, and I still am so torn about all of this.

I love all the time I'm spending with Tom. I'm in love with the man.

And this is all for a good reason. Tom tried to help me during the wedding, he knew I was hurting, he wanted to make me feel special, and he blurted out we were engaged, wanting to let me hurt Kris, and Rob and ruin their day.

Then before we could fix this and just tell everyone that we weren't a couple nor engaged, Tom got Adam's job when Adam moves up.

Tom wanted to help me, and then I wanted to help Tom. And even though I hated lying to my dad, brother, aunt, Joe and Lila, and Tom's mom, Tom came up with a great plan. We say that we are engaged, just because Tom wanted to prove to me he was serious about making a commitment to me, but we were in no hurry to get married, we haven't known each other long.

I mean that makes sense. I know some couples have a long engagement, a year or two.

And everyone has accepted that answer, and not pushing for when we will set a date.

My aunt changed her mind about Tom being wrong for me, after he saved me, risking his life in the fire to go back in and bring me out.

I'm still upset about last night. It felt wrong to accept their gifts, cash gifts, gift cards, presents.

I know that Tom was shocked by it. Shocked what my dad said when he introduced Tom to everyone there. I could see the emotion in his eyes. And I'm really not looking forward to today. I tried again to talk them out of it. But my aunt and Margaret are not budging.

My aunt, and Tom's mom decided that we have to go today to look for wedding dresses They decided we were going and that was it.

I got up early to take Amari out, and my aunt was in the kitchen. She told me that Kris actually wanted to go too, but I just don't want her coming. We aren't friends, and it just sucks that she got the real wedding, and I get a fake one. I know it hurts my aunt, but when Kris asked if she could go, Jay  had said that no that is rude of her to ask, so my aunt told her it's better if she didn't come.