CHAPTER 24: WE ARE NOT ENGAGED

Jay had given me a kiss and headed out.  He said "ok, but this conversation is not over, not by a long shot Sydney I want answers."

I looked at Tom.  He winked at me.  I said, "I have words for you Hanson. But in a minute. Judy is everything ok, is it your mom?  The call I mean"  

She laughed.  She said, "No we lied. Your hubby to be thought you might need a save from your brother."

Tom said, "wasn't I right?"

I hit his arm.  I said, "Thomas Hanson" He said, "Judy does that mean I'm in trouble, I mean she said my full name" He laughed. So did Judy.

I said, "ha, ha, you are a comedian. Tom what the hell. I thought we were clear that we had came to an agreement that we are not doing your plan. No to the engagement."

Tom said, 'Um yeah, I don't recall us coming to an agreement honey"  I said, "Don't honey me"  He said, "oh ok baby" I said, "Hanson please be serious. I am at a loss to understand. What the hell did you say to my dad and brother. I mean my dad hated you, and now he seems ok with it. And you were supposed to."  Tom said, "gee Judy is it a bad thing that my wife to be doesn't think I have charm."

I said, "Tom" He said, "ok calm down."  I said, "it's a little hard to calm down. I told you that we are not going to do this. I can't lie to my dad and my aunt and my brother. And your mom"

Tom said, "Sydney, we wouldn't be lying exactly. If we don't set a date. Come on Judy what do you think. I mean did Sydney tell you what all that bitch did the father daughter dance? How hurt Sydney was? And that Rob was acting like she was still his, grabbing her arm, ordering her around, and telling her to stay away from me."

Judy said, "yeah she told me about the father daughter dance. I would have hit her."

Tom said, "I don't see what is wrong with my plan. I wanted to make Sydney feel special, and all those thirsty hoes and that bitch cousin to see Sydney steal the bitch's thunder, by getting a romantic spur of the moment proposal. I mean picture it. We are at the wedding, we are dancing, and I get inspired by the vows to profess my love to Sydney and ask her to marry me and tell her I"ll get her a ring and a proposal later, but I want everyone to know that she said yes."

Judy said, "Very romantic Hanson"  Tom said, "exactly. And then when I blurted it out without thinking, and Sydney was worried that she would be humiliated. I mean the bitch started in and Rob saying no way that we were engaged, and that Sydney made it up to hurt her because she can't have Rob.  Come on. I can't let Sydney be humiliated because I messed up"

Judy said, "right you are not that kind of man"

Tom said, 'So we are engaged. I will buy you a ring, give you a romantic proposal. We can say that we just want to profess our love, but are in no rush to get married, that we need to bond more, be best friends more and together. Oh, and I told your dad that we are definitely not having sex until our wedding night. I scored big points with that one"He smirked. I said, "Tom Hanson, I could kill you."

He said, "honey you wouldn't want to do that I mean then you would have to explain why."

Judy laughed. So did Tom.  I didn't seem to find the humor in it.

Judy said, "I agree with Tom. I think that there is no harm in letting those bitches think that you are engaged, and you got a romantic proposal from a hot man. You said they were all thirsting over Tom. Wishing they could get with him"

I said, "right and I would do it in a minute if it was only them, but it's my aunt, my dad, my brother, and Tom's mom. I don't want to hurt anyone."  Tom said,"I get that. I really do. But I don't see how if we say that there is not going to be any wedding plans made, we are taking things real slow, that we have both been hurt and needed to profess our love, but we aren't ready to commit. We need to know each other a few years before we get married."  I said, "so what we are just going to be fake engaged, for how long."