CHAPTER 17: REVENGE

Judy had been out of town since Thursday, but was going to be back on Saturday and we were supposed to go shopping.

I woke up early, and Tom was still asleep.  I stared at him awhile. He is really hot in the morning. His hair in his eyes.  I quietly got up and moved his arm that was tightly against my stomach. he moaned a little, and reached out for me, but I put his hands on the pillow, and he rolled over more on his side.

I went to the bathroom, and then I decided that I was going to make Tom breakfast.  I really love to cook, but since Rob moved out, unless I am cooking for my dad or my brother, I don't cook just for me.

I was hoping that he had food, but all he really had was bread and cereal.  No wonder he is so thin.  I left him a note in case he would wake up, that I would be right back.  I went to the store, and  I guess I got carried away. I was only going to get him a few things just to make breakfast.

But I ended up buying more groceries.  I saw that he only had one beer left in his fridge and 2 pops and 2 waters left, so I got him a couple six packs and then the pop and water. 

I didn't know what he would want, so I got bacon, eggs, was going to make gravy and biscuits and also pancakes for me.

I got back. Tom was walking from his bedroom into the living room, when I opened the door, trying to carry the bags.  Tom said, "let me help you with that."  I said, "Thanks."  Tom came and grabbed three sacks from me.  He smiled.

I said, "Tom seriously what you must think."  He laughed.  I said, "I'm not planning on moving in."  He said, "if you want to that would be ok"  He smiled.  Giving me a perfect smile. Like is he serious or was he teasing me. Probably teasing.

I said, "I was going to make you breakfast, because you have been so kind to me to let me just ramble on about my drama. And I guess I was so excited to be able to cook that I went overboard. I wasn't sure what all you would want, and then I noticed that you were almost out of beer, so I stocked up for you. But those sacks are in the car."  Tom said, "i'll go get them. How much do I owe you"  He got his wallet.  I said, "nothing"

Tom said, "Sydney you are taking money"  I said, "I am not."  Tom said, "Sydney"  I said, "Tom don't fight me on this, I wanted to do something nice for you. Please let me."  Tom said, "fine. Just so you know that while I would love to get a home cooked meal, and my mouth is watering at the thought of it, you never need to cook for me. I don't want you thinking that you owe me for just being here for you. Sydney we are friends. Friends are here for each other as far as I'm concerned."  I said, "True, but you never let me be here for you."  I realized how that sounded and I wished I hadn't said it.  Tom looked at me.

He followed me into the kitchen putting the bags down. I really hope that he doesn't bring that up what I just said. I mean I can see that he keeps personal issues private, and I know that Judy is the only one he confides in, and that is great, I'm so happy they have each other. I just want him to know that he can talk to me to, and I would keep it a secret.

Tom said, "So what are you going to make me"  He grinned.  I said, "I wasn't sure what you like. I got bacon, eggs, sausage, can make biscuits gravy, hash browns, and pancakes, I'm making some for me, but I will make anything you want except cereal. No cereal for you today."  Tom laughed.

He said, "thank you Sydney. Any of that sounds great."    I said, "What do you want, bacon, eggs, or sausage. I can make you an omelet. My dad loves omelets so that is the first thing I learned how to make."  He said, "I would love one."  I said, "ok you want biscuits and gravy too."  Tom said "yes please. Thank you."  He smiled.

He left to go get the rest of the groceries and then took a shower.  he came back, and I had everything ready. We were eating.  Tom said, "oh my God girl I had no idea you could cook like this, not only beautiful but a top chef."  I laughed.  He said, "i'm serious."  I said, "I love to cook, but with Rob gone, I don't cook except for my dad."  Tom said, "well you can cook for me anytime."  He smiled.  I laughed.