CHAPTER 58: LAST CHAPTER: MY MARIA

When I said that our life could not be more perfect, boy was I wrong. Yes it definitely got more perfect. More happy. More joyous.

When a tiny little 5 pound 10 ounce beautiful little baby girl was born. Our Maria Elizabeth Hanson.

Weighing in at 5 pounds, but with the lungs of a full grown adult.  Boy can she cry, and she definitely can let you know if she is not happy.

I know that all babies are beautiful and cute and adorable and innocent, but our baby girl is the most beautiful cutest baby ever born. I know I'm bias. But Tom agrees.

She has her daddy's dark black hair. And I tease him and say she has his temper also.

Tom thinks she looks like me. He says she has my eyes, and my nose.  But I'm sure that she has his smile, his mouth.

And let me tell you, this little girl is only 2 weeks old, and yet she is spoiled. She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger, and then her Uncle Jay, and her grandpa. Along with her Auntie Judy, her grandma, Aunt Allison, Aunt Jackie, and her Uncle Doug, Uncle Harry, and Uncle Dennis. This girl hit the jackpot with aunts and uncles, and with men who will love her and protect her.

Judy and I laugh because Judy says you poor girl you are not even going to be allowed to come out of the house when you are older, your daddy will probably lock you in your room. I told Judy I feel bad for any guy that would even speak to her, Tom's already been saying he may need to start wearing his gun on his waist, when she is older so that guys take the hint, she's off limits to them.

Maria was definitely planned and wanted. What surprised me, I've always wanted a baby, but Tom never thought he would be a dad, or wanted to be a dad.

But then one night, Tom was wanting to go to bed early, and make love, we had a romantic dinner, a little dancing, a little wine, and right as he picked me up to carry me to the bedroom, there was a knock at our door, then the doorbell rang, then pounding.

Tom wanted to ignore it, but I made him put me down, and go to the door. It was Doug. Tom not that happy to see him,

Doug had a coat on, and he said, " I really need your help, Sydney."  Tom said, "sorry but she's off duty, she can't help, we are a little busy if you know what I mean."  he nodded his head to the stairs.  I hit Tom's arm.  To stop him from closing the door. I said, "Come in Doug."  Tom said, "damn Penhall."

I laughed. Doug gave him a look saying I'm sorry.

Doug apologized then said he really needed my help.

I said, "What can I do for you"

Doug opened up his coat, and he had a baby in it. It was raining outside and he didn't want her to get wet.

Tom stared, then looked at Doug, then me.  Tom said, "Damn you got busted huh."  he smirked.

I hit his arm.  I said, "Hanson" I gave him a look

Doug said, "no she's not mine". He held his hand up in surrender.

Tom said, "you sure about that daddy" Doug said, "no Hanson. She's not mine."

Tom said, "Whatever you say, I can kind of see the resemblance, Doug, I think she has your nose, definitely your eyes. So, who's the mom, you been hiding her from us"

Doug's face. I said, "Hanson knock it off."  He laughed.

Doug said, "Sydney she's not mine. I swear. I just met her mother a few weeks ago"

Tom said, "Well Penhall you do know it takes 9 months to so maybe you"  Doug shot him a look.

Tom said, "Ok I'm sorry. Go on."