Moving in day

Today is the day I’m moving into Beth’s. I’m just sat drinking a coffee in my apartment in Birmingham with Hannah. This will be our last one as flatmates. I said goodbye to the team a couple of days ago. I love all the girls and we will keep in touch but it was my time to move on.

Hannah said “Have you got everything” We both walked into my room and it was pretty empty. I looked at Hannah and I was sad. She pulled me into a hug and said “we will always be friends. We will talk all the time”

I smiled and said “always. You can’t get rid of me that easily” She walked me out to my car. I gave her one final hug and said “Bye”

She said “Bye, Text me when you get there”

I said “I will” I smiled and got in the car. I set up the sat nav it was going to take me 1 hour and 47 minutes to get to Beth’s. I text her and Leah and said I was setting off and the time I would be with them.

It took a little longer than expected as I had to stop for a toilet break but just over 2 hours later, I was outside Beth’s apartment or shall I say our apartment. Beth came running out. Leah and Viv were walking out behind her. She pulled me into a hug and said “I missed you”

I said “Beth it’s not even been 2 weeks since you saw me last”

She looked and said “So I can’t miss you”

I laughed and said “of course you can”

Viv came and gave me a hug and said “I’m glad your here. These 2 haven’t shut up about it all day”

“They are just excited it will soon wear off” I said to Viv. We both laughed but Leah and Beth didn’t seem impressed. Leah came over and hugged me. We held each other tight. I’m guessing Beth told Viv about me and Leah but in that moment it didn’t matter to me. I needed this hug. Eventually we pulled away and we took all my stuff inside and put it in my room. Me and Leah started unpacking so Beth and Viv could have a bit of time together.

Leah was unpacking some of my clothes, She got to the hoodie she gave me and said “Can I have this back now”

I laughed at her and said “No you can’t. Am I going to get mine back?”

She said “Not right now I’m wearing it”

I said “I can see that; it looks better on you anyway” and I winked at her

She came over and kissed me and said “I’m so glad your here”

I replied “Me to beautiful. I missed you”

“I missed you too” she said.

I was actually a bit tired so I lay on the bed Leah joined me and said “Let’s have a nap”

I lay on her chest and went to sleep.

I woke up and it was 5pm in the afternoon we had slept for 3 hours. Leah was still asleep. We had moved in our sleep so she now had her arm across my waist. It was the best sleep I’d had since the euros but then maybe it was because Leah was here. I tried to get up without waking Leah I know she hasn’t really been sleeping lately. She went on holiday then as soon as she was back she had media stuff to do about the euros. I managed it. I walked through to the living area, where Beth and Viv were on the sofa watching friends. I said “Afternoon lovebirds”

Beth said “Oh my god I forgot you moved in, you have been in there that long”

“We had a nap. Leah is still sleeping” I said.

“I hope it was just that” Beth said

“Why does your mind always go to the gutter” I asked

She replied “I actually don’t know”

“We just slept Beth. We haven’t done anything like that. She needs to talk to Jordan. Neither of us will cross that boundary until she does” I said

“You really like each other don’t you” Viv said

“She has my heart. She always has” I said

Viv said “She’s your first love then”

I replied “she’s my one and only Love”

Beth looked at me and smiled. I think she was starting to really see the extent of my love for Leah.

I sat with Beth and Viv for bit we were talking about Arsenal. Viv asked “What made you choose to come to Arsenal then” Leah walked through the door at this point. She sat next to me and put her head on my shoulder. I put my hand in hers. I answered Viv’s question “Playing for Arsenal has been my dream since I was 8 years old. I’ve supported them my whole life. Also Arsenal are one of the best teams in Europe I want to be challenging for titles and playing in the champions league. I’ve worked my whole career for this. It definitely helps that Leah and Beth are here too and to be honest I think me and you are going to get along so well”

“I think you will too” Beth said

Leah was very quiet so I knew something was up. I left it and would ask her later when no one else was around.

Viv said “Shall we order Pizza for dinner, It can be your moving in treat”

I said “Yes please I’m actually hungry. I haven’t eaten since this morning”

Beth said “I’m hungry to. Lets have a look” They started looking at the menu online for the nearest pizza takeaway.

Leah said “Don’t order anything for me. I’m going to go home”

I turned and looked at her I said “I thought you would stay, It’s my first night”

Beth and Viv went into the kitchen to give us a bit of space. Leah said “I can’t Dan”

“What’s wrong Le” I asked

She said “I’m going to talk to Jordan tomorrow. I know I’m going to hurt her. It’s hard because I do care about her”

“I know you do, You two were together for a while I would expect you to. But do you think being by yourself tonight is the best option” I asked

She said “Probably not, I would much rather be here with you but my head is everywhere. I just need a bit of time to myself”

I replied “Ok. If that’s what you need”

“I’m sorry. I’ll call you tomorrow. I love you” she said

“I love you too” I said

She shouted “’Bye Beth, Bye Viv”

They both shouted bye that the same time. Leah smiled at me and left.