Beth's heartache

Its 4 days later. Training has been a nightmare, I thought that most of the girls at Arsenal were my friends but turns out most of them believe the story that my parents told. As Caitlin Foord said ‘why would her own parents lie about their own child’

I feel like the only people at the club that believe me are Leah and Wally. Kim did say to wait for the tests to be done and results to be out to judge someone. That’s not really believing me but at least she has given me the benefit of the doubt for now.

I was in the kitchen with Leah at home. Blu was at Leah’s feet. Jordan was in Birmingham. We have spoken to each other everyday since she left. After everything that happened that day I found it hard to say goodbye to Jordan so I can’t imagine how hard Leah found it. I know that she misses her everyday because I do. I know the extent of Leah’s feelings for Jordan. I don’t know if I will end up falling in love with Jordan like that but I hope that I do because I want this relationship with the three of us to work.

Leah looked up from her phone and said “Did Beth text you”

I said “No. Why is everything ok?”

“no. Her mum died in the early hours of this morning” Leah said

Just then my phone started ringing it was Viv. I accepted the call and said “Hey”

Viv said “Hey, Beth knows you have a lot on so she hasn’t text you”

“I heard. Leah just told me” I said

“She doesn’t want you to worry about her” Viv said

I replied “of course I will worry about her, she’s my family. You are too. I know this will be hard for you to so call me if you need anything”

Viv said “I will”

“Can you tell Beth I will call her later” I said

“Yeah I will tell her. I’m sure she would love to speak to you” Viv said

“thanks for calling me though” I said

“I just didn’t want you to think there was any other reason why she didn’t tell you. I better go but I’ll speak to you soon” Viv said

“Ok. Look after her and look after yourself. Bye Viv” I said
She said “Bye” Then ended the call.

Leah looked at me and said “she will be ok and so will Viv”

“I know. I don’t know if I can do all of this Le” I said

She got up and hugged me from behind. She said “We will get through this together. The three of us”

I smiled and said “I hope so”

We went to training and Jonas asked to speak to me in his office before we started. Leah offered to come with me but I knew this was something that I had to do myself.

I knocked on the door and he shouted for me to come in. I walked in and sat on the chair opposite his. He said “Hi Dani”

“Hi, you wanted to see me” I said

“Yes Dani, as you know because of the media story that has come out as we have been discussing over the last couple of days then you will have to complete drug tests. They will be at random times. They might even be everyday. The club will do our own but then I’m sure that the FA will want you to do one before the Chelsea game but that’s not confirmed” Jonas said

I replied “I understand why the tests have to be done. I’m happy to take them at any time. I have nothing to hide”

Jonas said “for what it’s worth Dani, I don’t believe that you have been taking any drugs. Your a talented player and people get jealous of things like that. Unfortunately, we have to follow protocol”