Preseason in Germany

We are at the Adidas headquarters in Germany for a pre season training camp.

My room mate for this camp is Jordan. We have been getting along really well, she seems to be ok about my relationship with Leah. Me and Jordan were getting ready for our day and she said “thanks by the way”

I said “For what”

She replied “For being so considerate of my feelings”’

“Jord, You’re my friend. I didn’t want to hurt you neither did Leah” I said

Jordan said “I know that and I’m glad we can still all be friends”

“There’s no question Jord of course we can” She smiled at me

“Come on we better get going, we have to ride over on bikes” Jordan said

I said “Oh Leah will be happy about that one won’t she” We both started laughing.

We go outside Leah and Jen Beattie were standing by the bike stand me and Jordan looked at her and I said “What’s wrong”

She looked up at me and said “As if you don’t know”

I was definitely going to carry on winding her up “How would I know. I just got here. Didn’t I Jordan”

Jordan looked and thought twice about getting involved but she did anyway “Yep that’s right. We just got here together” Jordan was smiling

Leah looked at both of us and said “You two better watch yourselves”

“On that note maybe, we should go Jord. Who knows how long it will take Leah to get on a bike”

Both me and Jordan got on a bike and started riding over. I knew we would be in trouble later but it was funny. As we got to where we were going we could see Leah jogging next to Jen who was on a bike.

I shouted “Decided against the bike then Leah”

she looked at me and said “you are really pushing your luck”

 We had a good upbeat training session. After, we were able to watch the men’s team play their match on a big tv by the pool. It was a good game we beat Bournemouth 3-0 away from home.  After I was sat next to Beth and Jordan we were laughing and joking. I looked over at Leah who was sitting with Wally (Lia Walti) she said “I’m not talking to you so you can turn around”

I said “Oh is that my punishment then”

“Yeah” she said

I said “I wonder how long that will last” I laughed at her and she gave me a don’t test me look.

We had gone to bed, Jordan was in the bed closet to the door she was on her phone. I then had a text come through it was Leah

Leah💕- I’m still not talking to you x

Dani – I know your not x

Leah💕- I just wanted to say night and I miss you x

Dani- I miss you to ❤️❤️❤️ Goodnight beautiful x

Leah💕- ❤️❤️❤️x

The next day we had training then on the evening we went bowling together.

I was in a group with Leah, Jordan, Caitlin, Beth and Viv. We were all having a good time. I am shocking at bowling so it gave Leah the chance to get me back for winding her up yesterday.

I stepped up and she said “I wonder how many gutter balls you can get in one game” I looked at her and stuck my tongue out. In true Dani Scott style I tried so hard but the ball was on track down the middle of the lane until the very last bit where it veered off and went down the gutter. Everyone started laughing at me. I jokingly hung my head in shame and walked off. Leah said “Better luck next time” with a smile. I just looked at her. Then Caitlin, Leah and Jordan stepped up and took their turns each one saying a little speech before they bowled the ball. Caitlin knocked one pin down, Leah knocked all but one pin down and Jordan got a strike. She was so pleased with herself she jumped up and down and it looked like she went to hug Leah who was jumping up and down with her but Leah backed away. Then on their next turns both Caitlin and Jordan had three pins left. Leah got a strike she full on celebrated in both of their faces. It was pretty funny. I had a good time even though I came last. Obviously Leah was the winner and I knew I was not going to hear the end of this for a couple of days.

The next day we were allowed to go and look at the Adidas archive. This was a treat especially for Leah, Lotte and myself being lifelong Arsenal fans. We had to put white gloves on but the retro arsenal shirts were amazing. I wish I had those in my collection.

The last training day we had an intra squad friendly game. Red vs Black some players changed over teams in the second half but I stayed black. Our team won 2-1 but who was keeping score. It was fun.

Also today the call-ups for England were announced.

All the England internationals stood together and we opened our emails at the same time.

Leah, Beth, Lotte and myself all said we were in the squad then we all looked up at Jordan and she looked up and said “’I’m back in the squad” I was so happy for her. She so cruelly missed the world cup and the euros through injury. Beth said “yes” and hugged her. Leah also hugged her but looked at me after. I was fine with it. I get it she was happy for her friend.