Angry Viv!!!

Today we are playing Liverpool at Prenton park it’s a midday kick off. I’m even more excited that Leah is back from her holiday today. I know she is going to the pride of Britain awards tomorrow but I’m hoping I get to see her tonight after we get home.

I am in the starting 11 and so is Beth. Jordan and Viv are on the bench.

I’ve been enjoying playing at right back. I think myself and Beth have formed a really good partnership down the right side of the pitch. It definitely helps that we have such a strong bond off the pitch.

Rafa was injured a couple of games ago. Steph Catley is currently deputising at centre back in her and Leah’s absence.

The game kicked off. The game is a bit back and forth for the first 8 or so minutes.

In the 9th minute Beth has the first shot but it is blocked by a Liverpool defender.  

We have couple of corners in quick concession. The first one is kicked out of play by Liverpool. The second one Lotte Wubben-Moy manages to get to it first with her head it goes just wide of the post.

2 minutes later Kim Little plays Stina in who shoots but it is wide again.

In the 15th minute we have a corner, the ball is swung in but it’s cleared but only as far as Lia Walti who shoots first time it goes into the bottom left corner. It’s a great goal. I run over to congratulate her.

That goal was Lia Walti’s first WSL goal.

They concede a couple of fouls and so do we over the next couple of minutes.

In the 22nd minute Caitlin Foord is running down the left she crosses in. Frida Maanum is the first to it, she shoots and scores.

We are up 2-0

2 minutes later Maanum passes to Foord who shoots and it’s off the post.

A couple of fouls are committed by myself and Katie but the free kicks lead to nothing.

They get a couple of corners the first is put behind by Catley and the second I’m first to it and I manage to get it clear.

In the 40th minute we have a corner that Catley takes again Lotte is the first to it with her head but it goes wide.

2 minutes later we have the ball down the left and Katie crosses into the box. It goes all the way to the back post where I am I head it towards goal and it’s off the post. I’m first to react I pass to Maanum who plays in Kim Little she shoots but it’s over the bar.

They have a corner at the end of the first half which is conceded by me. They take it but doesn’t clear the first defender which is me. I clear it up field.

Then the whistle goes for half time.

We are back out.

In the first couple of minutes of the second half they have a chance that is saved by Zinsberger.

Then there are a couple of tight offside calls against us.

We have a corner in the 64th minute but Liverpool clear the ball.

Then Jonas makes a double sub, Noelle Maritz and Jordan Nobbs are on for Myself and Lia Walti.

I sit on the bench next to Viv and she says “good game”

I smiled at her and said “Thanks”

Foord and Jordan have shots in quick succession but the keeper saves both.

They again have a couple of corners but we clear both.

In the 77th minute Jonas makes another double sub, Katie McCabe and Stina off, Jen Beattie and Viv Miedema replacing them.

There are shots from both teams over the next 10 minutes but all are blocked or saved.

In the 93rd minute Jonas makes another sub Frida Maanum off, Mana Iwabubhi on. She is visibly upset. It’s not something you want to see from a teammate.

Beth has a shot that goes over in the 94th minute. Not long after that the final whistle goes.

Beth goes over to Mana and comforts her. I see Viv go over to Jonas they are walking along on the pitch and it looks like Viv has a few choice words for him. I know her and Mana have known each other a long time and she wouldn’t of liked seeing her upset. It’s all over game time but it’s not a good thing to go through. I have been in her shoes and it’s heart-breaking not being able to play the game you love.

I make my way over to Viv, Jonas has walked away from her. I said “Hey, you ok?”

She said “Sorry, Probably wasn’t the right time to confront him about it but I felt like I needed to”

“You’re sticking up for your friend. You had every right to” I said

“thanks for coming over” She said

I replied “No worries. I’m behind you Viv” I hugged her.

Me, Beth and Viv just walked through the door after getting home from the game. Beth says “I’m going to have a shower” and goes towards her room. Me and Viv go and sit in the living area.

She still looked angry. I wanted to try and calm her down. “Viv”

She turned her head to look at me and said “Yeah”   

“Want to talk about it” I asked

“It’s just she works so hard. He gives her no time” Viv said

“I know. It’s got to be hard for Mana but what is Jonas meant to do. He has You, Frida, Jordan and Mana who are all number 10s. From a footballing point of view Frida is on fire at the minute how can he leave her out. But then also he has to play you because well you’re you. One of the best players in the world. Jordan has been at the club for so long and even she is only getting 10 minutes here and there” I said.

Viv said “I get it it’s just frustrating. She was upset”

“I know. It’s not nice to see. I can see your point of view but I can see Jonas’ as well” I said

“Thanks, for helping me calm down” Viv said

“It’s ok. Sometimes you just need to her someone else’s perspective” I smiled at her and pulled her in for a hug. Beth walked in and said “Come on Dani put my girlfriend down you have one of your own” She was smiling. I knew she was joking.

“Wasn’t you taught to share growing up” I said laughing and Viv joined in.

Beth said “No not with you”

Viv said “That’s not very nice is it Beth”

“You’re siding with her” Beth said

Viv winked at Beth and said “Yeah, what are you gonna do about it”

Beth said “Wouldn’t you like to know”

“Please save that for when I’m not around though” I said making a sick face

Beth said “Shut up”

“That’s rude. I thought we were friends” I said acting offended

Just then the doorbell went. Viv got up to get it. Her and Jordan come walking into the room. I was hoping it was Leah. I got up from the sofa and said “I’m going to have a shower and change” I left the room.

I went to my room to get my stuff ready. I decided to call Leah. It went straight to answerphone. I haven’t heard off her since this morning so maybe her flight was delayed.

I sent her a text

Leah💕- Hey baby, I miss you. Call me when you get home ❤️❤️❤️

I then went in the shower.