Making things official

I drove to training with Beth and Viv this morning. We brought along our medals from the euros for everybody to see.

It was actually great we had pictures taken together and with some of the men’s team and other people associated with Arsenal.

We got to see the rest of the girls. I knew most of them already because of playing against them but now they were my team mates. By the time it got to the end of training I felt like I fitted into this team.

I’ve spoken to everyone except Jordan. I know Jordan through England so we are friends but I don’t know how she is going to be with me so I was a bit stand offish with her. I was walking to the changing rooms and Jordan came up to me, she said “Hey Dani”

I was surprised Leah told me how upset she was “Hey Jord, how you doing?”

She replied “I’m ok”

“I’m sorry” I said with a sympathetic look towards her

“You don’t need to be. You make her happy and that’s what I want for her. I know you will treat her well” Jordan said

“Of course, I will” I said

“Then we are still friends” Jordan said

“Yeah, we are” I stopped and so did she. I gave her a hug.

Leah was in front of us, she turned around and saw us hugging and she smiled. I smiled back at her.

Jordan pulled away and said “Why don’t we get some of the girls together and go and get something to eat”

I replied “Ok. Let’s do it”

We walked into the changing rooms and Jordan said so everybody could hear “Me and Dani are going out to Lunch. Who wants to come”

“Me and Viv will” Beth said

Steph Catley said “Yeah, I’ll come I’ve got some time”

Lia Walti said “’Caitlyn and I are in as well”

Some of the others said that they had plans already which was fine it is short notice. Only person not to answer was Leah. Jordan looked at her and said “Leah what about you” Leah looked at me. I was hopeful she would say yes. Then she said “Ok, I’ll come”

We got showered and changed and Leah pulled me to the side and said “Was this your idea”

I said “Nope, was Jordan’s. I think she’s just trying to make an effort. Me and her are actually friends. I know it’s a bit awkward now but it’s going to be for a bit”

“But how are me and you meant to be around her” Leah said

“There are other people going that don’t know about us. I’m sure you will figure it out” I said.

Half an hour later we pulled into a Mexican restaurant. I went with Leah but the car journey was quiet I could tell she did not want to be here. We got out the car and I said “If you didn’t want to come you could have said no”

“Yeah, but then how would it of looked” She said.

We walked inside Beth, Viv and Jordan were already sitting down we walked over to them and I sat next to Viv. There was a seat next to me but Leah opted to sit next to Jordan who was sitting opposite where I had sat.

We were mostly talking about the euros and Arsenal. When the other girls got to the restaurant. Steph sat next to me so I turned and started having my own conversation with her. We were talking about Villa, England then I asked her about Australia and what it was like.

The waiter came over and I ordered Tacos. I think most of us did.

I carried on my conversation with Steph. Then Jordan and Leah got involved with the conversation. It actually felt nice to be out with the girls. By this point Leah had relaxed.

After we finished eating, I excused myself to go to the bathroom. Leah followed me. When we were inside she stopped me and said “I’m sorry”

I smiled at her and said “It’s forgotten about”

She hugged me. When she pulled away, she said “will you come back to my place after this”

I said “’Yeah sure. I will do that” and I smiled at her again. She stepped forward and kissed me. Just at this moment Steph walked into the bathroom and said “sorry”

“It’s fine don’t worry” Leah said

“Is this common knowledge” Steph asked

I said “’nope. It isn’t”

Leah said “but it’s not a secret either” This actually made me smile.

We all returned to the table and Beth said “What took so long”

“We just got chatting in there” Steph said

A little later we were all ready to leave. I said bye to everyone.

Beth turned to me and said “You coming home with us”

I said “I’m gonna go with Leah” She nodded her head.

Me and Leah got into her car and headed for her house.

We got to Leah’s place and headed in. I had been here before so I knew my way around. I sat on the sofa and put the Tv on. I said “shall we watch a movie”

Leah replied “Yeah you pick, I’ll just get some drinks”

I picked the notebook well why not. I knew we both liked the movie. Leah came back in with 2 bottles of water and handed one to me. I said “Thanks. Get comfortable” she did. She cuddled into me and we watched the whole movie without moving. The credits started rolling. She turned and looked at me and said “Does this mean I can call you my girl now”

“Well there is nothing official here yet. So I don’t think you can” I said with a little smirk

“Your actually going to make me ask you aren’t you” Leah asked

“Yes Leah I am” I said

“Will you be my girlfriend” she asked

I smiled. I kissed her on the lips and said “You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to hear those words from you so yes Leah I will”

“Your gonna stay tonight aren’t you” she asked

“Yeah if you want me to” I said.