Jordan's return

We were supposed to play Brighton 4 days ago but the game was postponed due to a frozen pitch.

Chelsea and Liverpool got called off 10 minutes into their game due to the same reason. The players were slipping all over the place. Someone could have seriously been injured. The Fa and the refs really need to take things like this into account. I feel like more needs to be done. Almost all of the games were postponed over the weekend. It’s just not good enough we play in one of the top leagues in the world and we still have to deal with this.

We are playing Villa at Borehamwood tonight in the conti-cup quarter finals. It’s Jordan’s return tonight. I know she is going to get an amazing reception from the fans.

I got my test results back. Negative again so I have been cleared to play.

We are out warming up. Jordan is being presented with a cannon from Arsenal for her dedication and time she spent at the club. On our way back in, most of the Arsenal girls hug her. I see Leah walk past and they hug. It makes me smile seeing them like that. Then I walk by and hug her too.

We are out lining up. Leah is starting in midfield tonight and I am also back in the starting line up. I’m playing right wing.

The game kicks off. I am up for this one. It’s definitely weird seeing Jordan in claret and blue.

In the 3rd minute I clip Maz Pacheco’s heels and a foul is given. 4 minutes later Katie gives away a free kick.

A couple of minutes later Maanum has the first shot but it’s just wide.

In the 13th minute Kirsty Hanson had a shot but its high and wide.

In the next minute I had a shot but it is saved by Hannah.

A couple of minutes later Rafa shoots and Hannah saves again.

In the 20th minute there was a bit of a delay as Rachel Daly went down injured and needed treatment. But she is ok to continue.

In the 22nd minute I have my ankle taken from behind. It hurt so I go down. Jordan is standing over me apologising. When I realise it was Jordan, I get up quickly I don’t want her to get booked. We high five and I tell her that I’m ok.

Then in quick succession Maritz fouls Hanson and then I foul Blindkilde but nothing comes from the free kicks.

In the 29th minute Maritz passes to Maanum who shoots and scores. We are 1-0 up

In the 31st minute Hanson has another shot that is saved by D’Angelo

Then straight down the other end Kim has a shot that Hannah saves again

3 minutes later Kim fouls Jordan then just after Lotte gives away a free kick. From that free kick Lehmann has a shot that is blocked Then Dali follows up with a shot that is high and wide.

4 minutes later Katie fouls Rachel Daly and picks up a yellow card.

In the 41st minute Kim has a shot that is saved by Hannah but she concedes a corner.

I take the resulting corner that is put out of play by a villa player.

I take this corner as well Lotte gets on the end of the cross but it is slightly over the bar.

Not long after it is half time.

We start the second half. Not long in Lotte fouls Corsie.

5 minutes into the second half Caitlin crosses the ball in and finds Maanum she shoots and it’s in the top corner 2-0 to us.

5 minutes after that Maanum passes to Caitlin she shoots and its in 3-0 to us.

In the 61st minute Ruesha Littlejohn comes on for Gielnik.

Daly has a shot in the 65th minute but it’s saved.

We make a triple sub in the 66th minute Katie, Stina and Leah are replaced by Steph, Victoria Pelova and Kathrine Kuhl

In the 70th minute Maanum fouls Dali. Dali takes the resulting free kick but the shot is wide.

In the 83rd minute Villa make a sub McLoughlin replaces Jordan.

I look around the ground and I can see both sets of fans applauding her. She’s definitely a player that is well loved.

In the 86th minute I shoot but it’s just wide. I can’t believe it. It would of been easier to score.

The final whistle goes the teams shake hands. I know all the players so hug most of them. I get to Hannah. I hug her and say “you have no idea how much I miss you”

She said “I miss you too” we stand chatting for a minute or so. Then I see Jordan walking over. I say bye to Hannah and walk up to Jordan.

I hug her, She smiles and says “good game”

I said “’you too. It’s good to see you getting some decent game time”

“I know. How’s the ankle” she asked

I said “I’ll live” with a smile

We hug again and she said “I’ll see you later”

“Yeah you will. Bye Jordy” I said