Making amends

We played Reading in the WSL the Madejski stadium in the last game. I played the full 90 minutes at right back. We won 1-0. Stina scored the goal.

I’ve been staying at Leah’s for the last week. She is doing ok. She has been getting around a little better than she was. We play Lyon in the Champions league group stage tomorrow. We are flying out in a couple of hours. I’m just getting the last of my stuff ready to go.

I walk into the living room Leah is on the sofa. I looked at her with a sad look. “Let me guess. You don’t want to go” Leah said

“I do, I just don’t want to leave you” I said

She said “I know. I will be fine though. My mum is going to come for the day tomorrow”

“Ok, that makes me feel a bit better. I think we are coming back on Thursday morning” I said

“Are you coming back here” Leah asked

I said “As long as you still want me here”

“Yeah, I do” Leah said

“Then I will be coming back here” I said

She smiled and gave me a hug. I pulled away and looked at the time and I said “I’ve got to go” I kissed her and said “I will call you later”

“I’ll be waiting” Leah said

I was at the airport I was talking to Beth she said “Are you ever coming home”

I said “For now no. I need to be with Leah. She still can’t get around that much. Are you missing me that much”

“What is she doing tomorrow then. Yeah I always miss you” Beth asked

“Her Mum is spending the day with her. Your a big softie” I said

Then the announcement came through for us to board our flight.

I sat next to Mana Iwabuchi on the flight. I had a nap. I hadn’t slept much the night before because Leah was in quite a bit of pain. Another reason why it was so hard to leave her this morning.

We got to the hotel and got our roommate assignments. I think my luck had just started to run out. My roommate is Jordan. We were given our room keys and told to settle in. We had a light training session in a couple of hours.

We got to the room. As we were only staying a couple of nights. I didn’t bother unpacking and neither did Jordan we both just lay on our beds for 30 minutes in silence. It wasn’t even that awkward. I think she wanted to talk to me but given what I said to her she was probably waiting for me to talk first. I was thinking to myself that I’m going to have to let this go sooner or later for everybody’s sake.  

“Jord” I said

“Yeah” she said and lay on her side to look at me

“I’m sorry I’ve been so stubborn” I said, I turned and looked at her too

Jordan said “You had every right though. I know what I did was wrong. Yeah I was drunk but it’s not an excuse”

“But it is because you wouldn’t have done it sober” I said

“I wouldn’t of” she said

“I was hurt. You’re my friend. Well, I hope you still are anyway” I said

Jordan said “I am”

We both got up and hugged. I pulled away and said “I suppose we better get ready for training”