Leah's Injury

We are going into today’s game missing a number of players through injury. It has been announced that Kim Little will be out for the rest of the season. Foord is still out, Hurtig is out and of course Beth and Viv on the long-term injury list. We are going to find the rest of the season hard.

I was starting on the right wing today. Leah starts in the centre of midfield and Lotte plays at centre back.

The game starts.

Man Utd start off as the better team.

There are chances at both ends in quick succession. First Walti lets one fly but Zelem gets the block in. Then Parris is nearly played through but Zinsberger is quick off her line and gets to it first.

In the 5th minute Galton gets a cross in for United, Russo gets across but Rafa is there to block the shot.

In the 10th minute Maanum shoots but only finds the side netting.

2 minutes later Leah has the ball, there is a challenge from Zelem but doesn’t make any contact with Leah. Leah goes down her reaction tells me that it is serious. Myself and Lia run over to check on her. Leah says “it’s gone, my acl I felt it” Walti tells the bench that Leah needs to come off. I say “it might not be that le” the medics come on and take care of Leah. I walk away but Lia stays with her till she is taken off.

The stretcher is brought on but Leah gets up. She looks back I can see she looks fed up. She throws the arm band onto the pitch. I see that Kim is in the tunnel to take care of her.

Lia gives me the arm band I put it on and try to rally the team. I know this is a big blow and I’m gutted for Leah but we have to play this game out.

Gio comes on for Leah. Our formation changes to 4-4-1-1 Gio will play on the left of midfield. I go into the centre to partner Lia. This is new for me but I need to help my team.

In the 21st minute I play a ball over the top for Stina but Earps is out quickly and she claims it.

 A minute later they have a free kick which Zelem swings in, it goes all the way to the back post where Mannion has got past her marker but the shot comes off her shin and goes wide.

In the 34th minute Zelem catches Walti late and gets booked. Walti is ok but it looks like Maanum has gone down off the ball. The medics come on and check on her. But looks like she is going to try and run it off.

10 minutes later Kuhl plays Maanum in she shoots Earps saves and holds it well.

In 45th minute Gio gets booked for bringing Blundell down.

2 minutes later Ladd pulls me back as I’m about to break away. This earns her a place in the book as well.

With the last kick off the first half Russo puts Man United 1-0 up. Parris with the assist.

We make a double change at the start of the second half Catley and Beattie are on for Wienroither and Kuhl. Which means another change in formation. I am moved to left wing.

In the 47th minute Zinsberger pulls off a brilliant save from a Russo effort.

2 minutes later Gio clatters into Mannion she’s already on a yellow. Ref says this is her last warning. I go over and tell her to chill out a bit we don’t need to down to 10.

In the 60th minute I venture into the box, I shoot but I’m off balance it goes wide.

A minute later Earps tries to pass the ball out but it’s wayward and falls to me, I cross in for Stina. Her shot is blocked by Mannion.

In the 70th minute I lead a break down the left, I pass to Gio who crosses in for Stina but Earps gets to it first.

They make a sub in the 72nd minute Williams comes on for Russo.

In the 76th minute I play Stina in she shoots but Earps saves again.

In the 85th minute Ona Batelle gets booked for handball. We have a free kick

Maanum takes it but it goes over the bar.

Stina has 2 shots blocked by Mannion in the final minutes of the game.

The game ends 1-0 to Man United. That pretty much puts us out of the title race.

On the coach on the way back to London colney I wanted to sit next to Leah and be there for her she’s my best friend. Lia had already sat next to her. I opted to sit behind them next to Kim so she still knew that I was there if she wanted to talk to me. There was a lot of tears from Leah on the way home. She would need to have a scan to determine how bad her knee was but the doc said that it was probably an ACL tear which is what Leah feared.

When I got home I wasn’t in the best of moods after losing and Leah’s injury. I walked into the living room and Viv was sat on the sofa. Beth walked in from the kitchen with drinks for her and Viv. She looked at me and said “how’s your girlfriend?”

I really wasn’t in the mood for an argument but I guess Beth was looking for one I said “my girlfriend?”

She said “yeah, Leah”

“Leah isn’t my girlfriend but you know that. She has most likely torn her ACL. You both know what that’s like. Lia has gone back to hers along with Leah’s mum” I said

I walked into the kitchen to get myself a drink. I came back and I saw Viv lean in to kiss Beth. I couldn’t just not say anything “are you actually being serious?”

Viv said “what’s it to you?”

“She has a girlfriend” I said

Viv said “I don’t think she does”

I looked at Beth and she looked back at me and then at Viv and said “I do have a girlfriend. If Dani hadn’t of come in, I would have said something myself”

“But we have been getting on better, we have been laughing and joking all day. I thought you wanted us again” Viv said

Beth said “I’m sorry. I just wanted us to get back to being friends again”

“Who is she? I know her, don’t I? That’s why you haven’t told me who she is yet?” Viv said

Beth said “yeah you do. The reason why I haven’t told you sooner is because I didn’t want to hurt you even more”

Viv said “I get that you’re trying to protect my feelings but you can’t do that anymore. If you don’t want to be with me then I need to move on but before that I need the truth”

Beth said “your right I probably should have told you sooner. I’m seeing Dani” Beth looked at me.

Then Viv looked at me and I said “I’m sorry”