There is no time to lose

I had just got back to mine and Beth’s apartment. The flight back from Spain was early but I had to sort all my stuff out. I was back at club training tomorrow. We have a game on Saturday against Man United. I was sorting through everything. I put my laundry on to wash.

Beth and Viv were driving home today as well. They were both coming back to training tomorrow too. I just didn’t know what time they were going to be back.

I was on my last load of laundry when the door bell went. I went to answer. I opened the door, I never expected to see that beautiful face today. I said “Hey”

“Hey, Can I come in” Leah said

“Please do” I replied. She walked past me I grabbed her arm to stop her from walking into the living room and I closed the door. I pulled her towards me. She engulfed me in a hug and she kissed my forehead.

I missed this so much. We pulled away from each other and we walked to the living area. Leah sat on the sofa. I went to the kitchen and brought back 2 bottles of water. I then came back handed one to Leah and I sat down next to Leah she said “’thanks”

“It’s ok” I said. We both sat in silence for a couple of minutes just looking at each other. I then said “This has been the longest 2 weeks of my life “

Leah replied “Mine too. We have never gone this long without talking”

“I know. I’m sorry” I said

“I’m the one that needs to be sorry” Leah said she carried on “I should have trusted you”

“It doesn’t matter anymore. I can’t be without you. I need you le” I said

“Of course, it matters but I need you too” Leah said “Move in with me” she then said

“What” I said in shock

“I want to be with you all the time. Please move in with me” Leah asked

I smiled at her and said “Of course I will move in with you”

She kissed me. It was prolonged. I don’t think either one of us wanted to pull away. This was weeks of missing each other.

I didn’t hear the front door open or shut but the next thing I hear is Beth clearing her throat and saying “Awwww the love birds have made up”

I pulled away from Leah. As much as I wanted to respond to Beth’s jibe I didn’t. I got up and hugged her. Leah joined the hug then so did Viv. Once we all pulled away. We all sat down.

I said “I have something to tell you” Looking at Beth and Viv

Beth said “Ok”

“I’m moving in with Leah” I said

Beth smiled and said “Got to live life with the ones we love. There is no time to lose”

My eyes welled up I knew what she meant.

We were playing at the emirates against Man United.

Me, Beth and Jordan were starting. Viv was on the bench.

Leah, Kim and Rafa were at the game sitting behind our dugouts.

We completed a minute’s silence for remembrance day. Then went to our starting positions.

The first couple of minutes are back and forth between both sides.

We get a corner in the 5th minute that Beth swings in. Parris is first to it and heads behind for another corner. Catley takes this one but United clear the danger.

Then Wubben-Moy releases Stina she squares the ball to Beth who is offside.

Then Galton has a chance and shoots and it’s a good shot but Zinsberger saves.

In the 12th minute Toone releases Galton. I manage to whip the ball away before she gets her shot away.

They have a corner. It is swung in Le Tisser gets her head to it. It goes over Zinsberger but it falls on the roof of the net.

They have a couple of shots that are saved by Zinsberger.

In the 28th minute Zinsberger goes down clutching her right groin. She looks ok to continue after treatment from the medics.   

3 minutes later Russo plays a reverse pass to Galton but she is offside.

In the 39th minute Zinsberger flaps at a cross and misses it. Toone is behind her and she taps it home.

Man United are 1-0 up

A minute later Parris appeals for a penalty but the ref waves it away but it goes to VAR. It doesn’t take long for the decision to come back. No penalty.

In the 43rd minute Parris is booked for a blatant foul on McCabe. Beth takes the resulting free-kick but it’s wasted and goes out of play.

It’s half time. We are 1-0 down.

We still have a whole half to turn it around.

We get back underway. In the 46th minute Maanum drives forward the United players just stand off her. She shoots from 25 yards out there is a deflection off a defender and the ball loops over Earps.

What a start to the second half from us. It’s 1-1

In the 52nd minute Stina has a shot that flies over the bar.

Just a minute later Foord clatters into Parris in front of skinner who is fuming which leads to him getting booked.

In the 59th minute Jonas makes a sub. Viv comes on for Jordan.

Beth goes down with a blow to face in the 68th minute. I run over to check on her. She says she’s ok. I run back to the other girls while she receives treatment.

In the 73rd minute McCabe swings a cross in from the left and I’m at the back post, I hit the ball first time towards goal and it’s in the back of the net. That’s my first goal for my dream club I am ecstatic. The girls run over to congratulate me.

As I walk back to my position I walk past the dugouts and look over. Leah has a massive smile on her face. I smile and wink at her.

We are now 2-1 up

3 minutes later Parris clatters into Beth but she doesn’t get booked. She should be sent off. A minute later Ladd is booked for a foul on me.

Beth goes close in the 78th minute but its just over the bar.

In the 85th minute Zelem curls a free-kick in and Millie Turner is on the end of it and heads it into the back of the net.

They have levelled it. It’s 2-2

There are 7 minutes of injury time

Zinsberger makes a couple of good saves.

In the 91st minute Man United have a corner. It is swung in and Russo is first to it. It goes into the back of the net.

They are up 3-2

Just after this Beth is running down the right. Blundell clatters into her and she is down off the pitch. She’s not getting up. She’s clutching at her knee. The game continues. I see Beth get up and walk around the pitch.

The whistle blows.

The first thing me and Viv do is run over to Beth and she is crying. It doesn’t look good.

Leah appears at my side. She put her arm around me. She knew I was worried about my friend.

I was disappointed with the loss. I was happy about scoring my first goal for the club.

But I was worried about Beth. I hope that the injury isn’t serious.