Cosy with Leah

Yesterday was our game against Reading. Tomorrow we are celebrating our conti cup win but to be honest I’m not really in the mood. The last time me and Beth spent any time together was the movie night. I feel like she has been avoiding me since. Maybe she realised what she said was a mistake. Maybe the more time that she spends with Viv she has realised that she wants them to get back together. That picture that was taken of Viv, Beth and Beth’s dad was put on social media by Beth. They still acted like a couple, with the way Viv was comforting Beth after the conti cup final did they actually get back together. Right now it’s all speculation but I won’t know until Beth talks to me. I guess that she has to do it in her time.

I was up early; I haven’t been able to sleep much the last well I don’t know how long really. I feel like most of my nights I’m lay staring at the ceiling. I made myself a coffee and sat on the sofa, I put the tv on but I wasn’t really watching it. Then I heard movement it sounded like more than one person then they both came into the living room. Beth said “sorry, I didn’t realise that you were up”

Viv was stood behind Beth with smile on her face. Clearly did get back together then I thought.

I said “it’s fine, I’m just going to finish my coffee and go for a run”

Viv said “you shouldn’t be running the day after a game”

“Maybe, I’ll just go for a walk instead then” I couldn’t even stomach the rest of my coffee. I went and put my cup in the kitchen. I walked back through the living room where they were now sitting and said “I’ll see you guys later” and I left the apartment.

I didn’t get home till late that night. I didn’t want to see Beth for her to tell me something that I wasn’t ready to hear from her. I got home and went straight to my room and got changed for bed.

About an hour after getting home I was lying in bed and I heard a knock at my door. I closed my eyes just in case who ever it was came in. But no one did, I guess they thought I was asleep and gave up.

It took a while but I managed to drift off to sleep.

I woke up early again the next morning but I could hear that Beth was already up. I wanted to see her but then I didn’t want to at the same time. I ended up getting up anyway. I walked through the living room to the kitchen, when I got there, I saw Beth sitting at the table. She was on her phone so didn’t see me.  I said “hey”

She looked up, put her phone down on the table and said “morning, are you ok”

I said “yeah I’m fine” I put the kettle on to make a coffee and I said “do you want one”

“Yes please” she said. I made the coffees, I put hers in front of her and mine on the table too and I sat down. It was silent for a bit and then she said “you and Leah looked cosy after the final, what was that about”

I had to think at what she was talking about but then I remembered and I said “she was just checking on me that’s all”

“That was a more then checking in conversation” Beth said

I said “I was missing Mya, it was hard her not being there”

Beth nodded and said “I get that”

Then I asked “why does it matter anyway if we were looking cosy as you called it”

She said “you can’t tell me that you want to kiss me then be all over your ex”

“That wasn’t how it was. But then you can’t really talk can you” I said.

She said “I guess not” she got up, picked up her phone and left the room.

I sat there, looked at the floor and shook my head. I did not want the conversation to go like that.

I ended up spending the rest of the day in my room, I didn’t want to upset Beth anymore than I already had.