World cup 2023 qualifiers

Leah, Beth, Jordan and I travelled to St. Georges Park for September camp

There would be a few different faces because of Ellen White and Jill Scott retiring but everyone has earned their right to be here. I knew that Hannah wasn’t in the squad and I was upset about it I know how hard she works but sometimes that’s just the way football goes.

After everyone arrived, we were called to the meeting room. We had new room allocations.

They were as follows:

101 – Leah Williamson and Georgia Stanway

102- Millie Bright and Rachel Daly

103 – Beth Mead and Lucy Bronze

104 – Dani Scott and Jordan Nobbs

105 – Kiera Walsh and Alex Greenwood

Then Sarina announced the rest of the rooms. After that we were given our key cards. Then we went to unpack. We had a light training session in a couple of hours.

The training sessions had gone well. We have been trying new things because we have different players and different strengths. I was happy that I got Jordan as a roommate. I feel like in our free time she has joined the little group that we formed at the euros and it feels like she has been with us forever. It was good seeing Lucy and Kiera they have been enjoying being at Barcelona.

Time skip to game day.  Austria Vs England. We are away in Austria for this one .

Starting line up

GK- Mary Earps

RB- Lucy Bronze

CB- Millie Bright

CB- Leah Williamson (C)

LB- Alex Greenwood

CDM -Kiera Walsh

RM- Georgia Stanway

LM-Ella Toone

RW- Beth Mead

ST – Alessia Russo

LW- Lauren Hemp

I was on the bench with Jordan. Alessia scored in the 7th minute with an assist from Georgia Stanway.

Parris came on in the 62nd minute for Beth and then scored in the 69th minute again with an assist from Stanway. Leah was subbed off for Jess Carter in the 79th minute. In the 85th minute I came on for Alex Greenwood.

When the final whistle was blown the players came off the bench onto the pitch and we celebrated with the fans and each other. We had qualified for the 2023 World cup. A great achievement. We were writing a new chapter.

We flew home the next day to get ready for our next game against Luxembourg in stoke.

When we got back to ST Georges Park the next day it was almost dinner time. We all went to our rooms to change. I got changed pretty quick. Jordan was in the shower so I was waiting for her. My phone dinged I had a text it was from Leah

Leah💕- Hey, want to go for a walk after dinner. I need some just me and you time x

Dani – I would love to. I know what you mean. I miss my girl ❤️ x

Leah💕- I miss you too ❤️❤️ x

Jordan came out of the bathroom and said “So what we doing after dinner? Movie? Games?”