Beth knows

Today we are playing at the King power stadium against Leicester City.

Viv has been granted some time off with club and country. She has gone away to Australia with her family. It has just been me and Beth in the apartment for the last couple of days.

I’ve thrown myself into training. Beth knows that Leah and I broke up but I didn’t tell her about Leah’s speculations.

We were on the coach on the way to the King power staduim. I was sat next to Beth. She was a bit quiet.

“I spoke to Leah” Beth said

I said “How is she”

“She’s still upset just like you are. She told me the reason why you split up” Beth said

“And what was that” I asked

Beth said “she told me her theory about you and Viv. I told her it was rubbish. You wouldn’t do that to her and Viv wouldn’t do that to me”

“I wouldn’t. We actually broke up because she doesn’t trust me. I didn’t say it was forever. I don’t want it to be. I can’t see me spending my life with anyone other than Leah. But she needs to trust me” I said

Beth said “I know. That’s what I said to her”

I asked Beth “so what’s up with you. You have been quiet since yesterday”

Beth said “My mum has an appointment at the hospital soon. I’m just stressing about it. She’s had a bad week as well”

“I’m sorry Beth. When is her appointment” I asked

She said “While we are at England camp”

“I’m here for you Beth” I said

She hugged me. We sat in silence for the rest of the journey.

The game was about to start, Myself and Beth were starting. So was Jordan and as captain in Kim and Leah’s absence.

Within the first minute Maanum had a shot that was saved. This led to the first corner of the game.

It was taken, Jordan was first to it she passed to Beth who shoots but the ball is blocked.

Then Stina has a shot that is blocked.

In the 11th minute Stina has another shot but it’s saved by the keeper.

Just after this I concede a foul. They give the ball away.

Then Frida Maanum goes on a run and she shoots and it’s in the back of the net. We are 1-0 up.

They gave away a couple of free kicks to us that didn’t come to anything.

In the 22nd minute Beth crosses the ball in and Caitlin Foord is on the end of it and slots it home. 2-0 to us.

5 minutes later Maanum passes me the ball and I’m in on goal so I shoot but I pull it slightly wide.

They have an attempt at goal in the 33rd minute that is saved by Zinsberger.

In the 37th minute we have a corner that Beth takes she passes it to Steph Catley who shoots and it goes into the left-hand corner of the goal. It was a brilliant goal.

3-0 to us.

In the 40th minute the ref blows the whistle for hand ball by me. I disagree and tell the ref as much. Jordan comes over and tells me to leave it. It doesn’t matter we are 3-0 up. I just shake my head and walk away.

3 minutes later I am taken out. There was instant pain as the player connected with me. It took me a minute to get up. I had a few choice words for the ref. He did then brandish a yellow card to CJ Bott who fouled me.

Just before the end of the half Katie Mccabe gets caught offside.

The last action is a shot for them that Zinsberger saves.

The whistle goes for half time.

The girls can clearly see I’m not happy. Most of the girls stay clear of me. Only Beth knows the facts of what is going on with Leah so she knows I’m short fused because of that. I sit at my locker and she sits next to me and she says “you have to stop thinking about it. This is what you do best”

I knew she was right. I had to get my head in the game. I said “I know. I’m trying”

We went back out to the pitch I was determined to play better and not react to things. That’s not me as a player. I always just let it go usually.

We kicked off and within 3 minutes we had scored again through Stina. Lotte Wubben-Moy with the assist. We are now 4-0 up.

In the 50th minute Stina had another shot that is wide of the goal.

Over the next 10 minutes they give away a few free kicks and we have a lot of possession but can’t get in on goal.

Then in the 60th minute Beth runs down the right passes to Lia Walti. She shoots but the shot is blocked. The ball comes back out to me I shoot with my left foot but it’s saved by the keeper.

4 minutes later Beth crosses the ball Caitlin is on the end of it but the shot is high and wide.

In the 67th minute we make a triple sub Hurtig, Iwabuchi and Maritz on. Going off Foord, Nobbs and myself .

Over the next 10 minutes they make a couple of subs and also they have a few free kicks from fouls that we committed. But they can’t take advantage.

In the 77th minute Lina Hurtig goes down after a challenge. She is hurt. She is going to be replaced by Michelle Agyemang.

Then in the 82nd minute Jen Beattie replaces Stina Blackstenius. She is going to play the number 9 position as well.  

Beth has a shot 2 minutes later that is just wide.

Then Maanum has a shot just after in the next play but the ball is pushed out for a corner by the keeper.

The rest of the game is a stale mate.