October national camp

My roommate this month for national camp is Beth. We haven’t really spoken since the conversation we had about Jordan so I’m hoping we can sort things out this week.

Jordan hasn’t been selected this month. I think that is down to the lack of game time that she has had.

It was the first day of camp. I’ve just woken up. Beth is already out of bed sounds like she is in the shower. I scroll through tiktok and seem to get lost in it. Beth comes out and said “Something must be interesting”

I replied “not really, Just killing some time”

“I’m sorry you know” Beth said

“What for” I asked

Beth replied “The whole Jordan situation. I shouldn’t have got involved”

“Beth I love the way that you care about your friends. All you were doing was looking out for us. You don’t need to be sorry for that” I said  

“Are you ever going to be able to be friends with Jordan again” Beth asked

I replied “I hope so. I know it’s hard for you and Leah with it like this but if I forget so quickly how long till it happens again. I don’t trust her around Leah”

Beth said “I get that”

I asked “Are we ok”

“Of course we are. You’re my bestie” Beth said with a smile.

I got out of bed and pulled her into a hug. I said “I’m glad because I need you”

“I’m always here” Beth said.

I went to shower and then I got dressed ready for breakfast.

We ate breakfast, it was quite quiet today which says that everyone is tired from our travel day yesterday.

We were in training doing some defending against attacking. It was 2 on 2. In my group was Alex, Beth and Alessia. Just across the pitch Leah was in a group with Millie, Georgia and Rachel.

Our group is having fun but working hard too. We all hear a scream from across the pitch. It sounded like Leah. The whole group looked over. It was Leah she was on the ground holding her foot.

I ran over to check on her and so did Beth. As I got there Georgia said “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to”

Leah said “G, It was accident. Don’t worry about it”

I bent down next to Leah and I said “Hey you making trouble again”

She smiled and said “Always”

The medical team came over and moved me out of the way to check on Leah. They took her inside.

As soon as the session finished, I ran to the medical room to see Leah. I opened the door. She was lying on the bed with her eyes closed. I said “Hey beautiful, How’s the foot”

She opened her eyes and she turned to look at me. She smiled and said “I’m going to have to go back to Arsenal tomorrow and be assessed but they think there is a small fracture somewhere”

I frowned “when do you go back”

She said “first thing tomorrow morning”

“It’s going to be weird here without you” I said

She replied “I know babe but you still have Beth”

I looked at the floor and said “Yeah”

“Hey, look at me” I did “I will be ok”

“I know. I just wish I could go with you” I said

She said “come here” I went over to the bed and sat down. She pulled me into a hug and then kissed the side of my head. She pulled away and said “We will be back together before you know it”

I smiled. I knew I was being stupid.

It’s Friday we are playing USA at Wembley. There are a few notable absences through injury for both teams but should still be a well contested match.

I played the full 90 minutes at left back. It was an end to end game. In the 10th minute Hemp scored. Then in the 28th minute Sophia smith levelled for the USA. Then in the 33rd minute Lucy won a penalty which Georgia took and scored. In the 38th minute USA have the ball in the back of the net but it goes to VAR. There was an offside in the build up so the goal is disallowed.

The second half was a stale mate. The game finishes 2-1 to us.

The Tuesday after we played Czech Republic at the Amex. Neither me or Beth started the game.

Beth came on at the start of the second half and I played the last 8 minutes of the game.

We controlled the game but was not clinical at all. The game finished 0-0