We need to talk

When me and Leah got home last night, I told her that I was tired and I was going to bed.

I wasn’t ready to have the conversation yet.

I woke up before Leah the next day and walked downstairs. I was sat at the table in the Kitchen with my phone in my hand when Leah came down. She said “hey, what you doing”

“Deciding whether to call Jordan or not” I said

She sat down on the chair next to me and said “we need to talk about what happened last night”

“to be honest Le, I don’t know if I’m ready to yet. We have a game and we both need to be focused” I said

“so we will come home and talk after” she said

I said “ok”

She asked “what do you want for breakfast”

“I’m not hungry. I’m gonna go and shower and get ready” I stood up and looked at her. I could see her tear up but what right did she have to do that. She was the one that cheated on me and on Jordan. How was I going to tell her.

We were playing at the academy stadium today. On the coach I sat next to Leah. We both spent the journey listening to music. Neither of us got involved with what else was going on on the coach.

We got to the stadium and I inspected the pitch with Leah. We chatted about the game and tactics. We went inside to change for warm ups. We got changed next to each other. I sat down as I was ready before everyone else. Leah sat down and nudged me, I looked at her and she said “can we warm up together”

I smiled and said “yeah of course”

We went to warm up and Katie was surprised when she saw me and Leah together. She went to warm up with someone else. We didn’t talk in the warm up. We just got ourselves focussed on the game.

I felt like the first half went by really quickly. They were the better team and they deserved to be 2-0 up at half time Hemp and Kelly were the goal scorers.

I was struggling to get into the game. I didn’t know whether it was because they were shutting me out or was my mind just not in the game because of what happened last night.

Katie came on for the second half and unlike the game before where we seemed to be building a bit of a partnership, we were off with each other and just couldn’t click.

In the 59th minute we had a corner that was taken by Maanum and Rafa headed the ball into the back of the net. The game was now 2-1 to Man City

In the 68th minute Jonas replaced me with Kuhl. I just couldn’t get my head into the game.

I sat on the bench for the rest of the game. We weren’t able to pull back another goal. So the game ended 2-1 we had dropped points again.

The national break is up next, we currently sit in 4th place in the WSL. We do have a game in hand over Man City and Man Utd who are both above us along with Chelsea.

When me and Leah got home we changed into something more comfortable and then went and sat in the living area so we could have the conversation that we needed to have.

I turned to her and said “I need you to tell me what happened”

“Katie kissed me, then Beth started shouting at us saying we were out of order that you were just sitting in the next room” Leah said

I said “she was pretty upset Le”

“I know she’s your friend so I would expect her to be” Leah said

I asked “you didn’t pull away?”

“I’m going to tell you the truth I didn’t but I was shocked. I wasn’t expecting it” Leah said

“If that’s true why did you look so guilty when I looked at you after Beth left the kitchen” I asked

Leah just looked at me and didn’t say anything. I could see her tearing up. Then she looked at the floor.

I put my hand on hers and she looked up at me. I said “why are you getting upset”

She said “because your going to leave me. You and Jordan”

“You kissed her back didn’t you?” I asked

She nodded and said “I don’t know what I was thinking. Quite clearly, I wasn’t thinking at all”

I didn’t know what to say she just admitted to cheating on me. I was in complete shock.

She said “we have to tell Jordan don’t we?”

I nodded and said “yeah she needs to know”

She asked “what happens now?”

I said “I think I need to move out”

“Are we over?” She asked

“I wish I could stay Le but I can’t. I love you so much. I will always be here for you no matter what” I said

“We can still be friends then. I can’t lose you all together” Leah said

I said “we all always be friends Le. You’re just going to need to give me a bit of time”

I went to pack my stuff. While packing I called Beth she answered and said “hey”

She sounded a bit off I said “what’s wrong Beth”

“After the argument me and Viv had we split up. She moved out this morning” she said

“I’m sorry Beth. I was going to ask if I could stay with you for a bit but it doesn’t matter” I said

She said “come back, please”

“Are you sure?” I asked

She said “yeah I am, did you and Leah split up?”

“Yeah, we did but it was amicable. We are still friends” I said

I packed up what I needed, I came down the stairs left my bags in the hallway and went into the living room. Leah was still sat where I had left her. Her eyes were red, I could tell she had been crying. I sat down next to her and said “I’m gonna go now. Are you going to be ok”

I didn’t want to leave her like this. She looked at me and said “I’m sorry”

“I know you are Le” I hugged her and just held her for a couple of minutes.

She said “I love you”

I replied “I love you too” I pulled away and stood up. I then said “I’ll be at Beth’s. If you need anything let me know”

She said “ok, are we going to travel to camp together?”

“Yeah, we will. I’ll see you tomorrow Le” I said

“Ok, see you tomorrow”

I walked out of the door and left. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.