North London derby

It had been a couple of days since the party. Neither me or Leah had spoken to Jordan yet. I haven’t even told Beth what happened. I know her and Jordan are good friends. I don’t want her to feel like she is in the middle of it. She probably already knows though because Viv saw everything that I did.

Tonight is champions league qualification. We are playing Ajax the first leg is at Meadow Park. I drove to the game with Leah.

We got to the changing rooms; other than Kim we were the first ones there. I wasn’t in the starting line up tonight. I put on my warm up gear and sat down. Jordan walked in and looked at me and Leah neither of us said anything to her. We went out to warm up. Leah actually still warmed up with Jordan even after what had happened. I couldn’t let that get to me though. This was work.

After warm ups and team talks I went and sat on the bench. I sat next to Lotte and for some reason Jordan sat next to me. I was intent on just watching the game and not talking to her but I wasn’t going to make it weird for the other girls either.

We had more of the possession and we looked more threatening but in the 18th minute they scored first. We managed to equalise in the 23rd minute through Stina. Half time came and it was 1-1.

The subs warmed up on the pitch at half time. Jordan came over to me and said “Dani”

I replied “Jordan not now”

“I think we need to talk about it” She said

“I don’t doubt that but not here” I said

“Ok” she said and she walked away and started warming up.

The players started coming out. I ran past Beth and Viv on my way back to the bench and high fived both of them. I sat down in the same place as earlier as did everyone else.

The game kicked back off, in the 57th minute Kim Little scored a penalty. Even after this it seemed like we were in control. Then against the run of play Ajax scored again in the 83rd minute. We tried to get a winner but had no luck. The final whistle blew the game was 2-2. Neither me or Jordan got any minutes on the pitch tonight.

Four days later we were playing the north London derby at the Emirates. I drove to London Colney with Beth and Viv. Leah said that she had had some things to do today. When we got there Leah was already there along with a few of the others. I walked over to her and hugged her. She said “Hey, you ok”

I said “Yeah I am now”

She smiled and said “Please don’t hate me but I told Jordan I would sit with her we need to sort out what happened”

“It’s fine babe. I know you do” I said

I sat with Steph, Beth and Viv on the way to the emirates. We were singing along to the music that Leah had put on.

We got to the Emirates it was my first time playing here as an Arsenal player. I was excited again.

Warm ups were done. I was sitting in front of my locker just thinking about the game plan.

Leah was sat next to me and said “What’s wrong”

“Nothing. Just getting my head in the game. I actually can’t believe it, my first time playing at the Emirates. Another dream come true” I said

“Enjoy it tonight. Take it all in. You will never get this moment again. It will always be special but the first time is something else” Leah said   

“I will. Thanks le” I said

I was back in the starting line up it is

GK- Zinzberger

RB- Scott

CB- Williamson

CB- Rafa

LB- Catley

CDM- Walti

CM- Little

CM- Miedema

RW- Mead

ST- Foord

LW- McCabe

We walk out and line up. I point to the sky and kiss my wrist. I know she watched every single game wherever she is. We huddled and then went to our positions after a few words from Leah.

The whistle went, 2 minutes in Viv flicked the ball to me but a couple of Spurs players stopped me from going forward. The first chance of the game goes to us Walti crosses in from the left, Beth gets on the end of it but her shot is blocked. In the 5th minute Kim tracks back and stops a Spurs break away. Kim runs with it and it frees it Beth down the left she passes it. Beth shoots the shot is blocked but the ball comes back to her and she shoots again. This time the ball into the back of the net. I run to her and jump on her as usual. We are 1-0 up.

A couple of minutes later McCabe fires over the bar.

Spurs seem to be getting into the game a bit more.

We are taking control and have a couple of shots that have been blocked or knocked out of play for corners. In the 25th minute Beth who has been at the heart of everything so far tonight links up well with me but a spurs defender blocks the cross.

5 minutes later Kim fires into the side netting. It was close.

A couple of minutes later Foord is through down the left she cuts inside but Zardorsky blocks it. The rebound falls to me but I slip as I shoot and spurs are able to clear the ball.

In the 36th minute Spence fouls Walti who needs treatment. She is down for a couple of minutes. But she gets back up and is ok to carry on.

They have a shot in the 38th minute but it’s well saved by Zinsberger.

In the 44th minute Summanen’s loose pass gives it to Foord. The ball then breaks for Miedema, she is one on one with the keeper and Viv slots it past her. I run over to celebrate with her. We are 2-0 up.

One minute is added on but nothing more happens.

We go in happy at half time.

We get underway for the second half. We have a couple of shots but nothing is really dangerous. Then in the 54th minute we have a corner. Mead delivers it towards the back post and Rafa heads it into the back of the net. I run over to celebrate. We are now 3-0 up.

In the 57th minute Foord is booked for bringing Summanen down.

We have a couple of shots that don’t pay off. In the 69th minute we have a corner Catley sends it into the box, Miedema leaps the highest and its in the back of the net. 4-0 to us.

That was the last action for Miedema she is being replaced by Nobbs. Foord also comes off for Stina.

Stina shoots in the 73rd minute but it flies over the bar.

In the next minute Beth is replaced by Hurtig.

The game is starting to fizzle out.

In the 86th minute Little and Rafa are replaced by Maanum and Wubben-Mooy.

Spurs have a shot that goes over the bar.

4 added minutes but no shots from either side. The game finishes 4-0.