Movie night with the exes

Tomorrow is the Conti cup final. I have been deemed fit enough to play so I am really happy.

Tonight I just plan on relaxing on the sofa. I have just showered and I’m getting into some comfortable clothes when the door bell goes. Beth shouted “I’ll get it”

When I was ready, I made my way to the living room, some of the Arsenal girls including Leah and Viv were here. I hadn’t spent anytime with Leah outside of training since we split up.

Beth said “We are going to have a movie night, you joining?”

I looked around the room and then at her and said “yeah. Why not, I’m just going to get a drink” I then went to the kitchen. I could feel someone following me. I opened the fridge got my drink, when I closed the fridge, I could see Leah standing by the door. She said “hey”

I said “hey Le”

“we haven’t really spoken since you know. I just wanted to see how you are” she asked

“I’m not going to lie to you it’s hard, I feel alone quite a lot of the time but I get through it day by day. How are you doing” I asked

She said “yeah, pretty much the same but I coursed this”

“You need to stop beating yourself up about it. You still have Jord don’t you” I said

“I will try and yeah I do. I am grateful for that” Leah said

I asked “you two told anyone about you yet”

“Jordan has and I will when I’m ready to. Will you be ok with that” Leah said

“Yeah, I will. We are friends aren’t we” I said

She said “I hope so”

We walked back into the living room. There was only 1 space left to sit. Leah looked at me and I said “You sit on the sofa. Your a guest, I just live here I’ll sit on the floor”

She mouthed “thank you” to me. I sat on the floor at the side of the sofa, Beth threw a cushion at me and said “you need some sort of comfort”

I said “thanks”

Beth said “so what are we watching first”

Viv and Leah both said “the notebook” at the same time and everyone agreed on it. I didn’t say anything, I just looked at Beth and she shrugged her shoulders at me.

Beth found the movie; I got up to turn the light off. I sat back on the floor but sat with my back against the sofa where Beth was sitting. I saw that Viv had sat next to Beth and I was definitely bothered by it.

It got to about half way through the movie and I couldn’t concentrate I could feel every move that Beth made. I felt like I hadn’t moved an inch since the start of the movie.

At the end of the movie most of the girls said that they were going home. Leah and Viv stayed to watch another movie. I was thankful that I could sit somewhere other than the floor.

I got up and sat on the chair that had been vacated. Beth didn’t even ask about the next movie she just put on the fault in our stars. I loved this film and I knew that Beth did to. We have watched this a couple of times together.

I couldn’t take my eyes off the film until the credits started rolling. Every time I watched this it made me cry. I turned to look at the others Leah had fallen asleep with her head on the arm of the sofa and Viv had fallen asleep with her head on Beth’s shoulder. Beth was also crying, I said “are you ok”

She said “yeah, I don’t know why I put it on. I should have known it would do this”

I smiled at her and said “I would come and hug you but there’s no room”

“You owe me one then” Beth said and smiled

“What are we gonna do with these two” I said

Beth said “they can’t drive home. They will have to stay. I don’t know about sleeping arrangements though” she moved and Viv woke up and moved her head. But she knocked Leah and woke her up.

Leah said “I didn’t mean to fall asleep. I need to go home”

Viv said “me to”

Beth said “no one is going home. It’s late and your both too tired to drive”

I said “you two can share my bed if you want to”

“Are you sure” Leah said

“Yeah, you can borrow something to sleep in if you want. It’s in the same place it used to be” I said

Leah said “thank you”

“Yeah thanks” Viv said. Viv didn’t seem to happy with my suggestion, I know exactly what she wanted but I wasn’t going to suggest that, it wasn’t my place.

Leah and Viv both said “night”

I said “night”

They went to bed.

I went and sat next to Beth and said “I owe you a hug don’t I”

She smiled and leaned into me. I put my arms around her and embraced her in a tight hug.

After a bit she pulled away and said “Where are you sleeping”

I said “you’re sitting on my bed for the night”

She said “are you sure, why don’t you sleep in my bed with me”

“Are you sure” I said

She said “yeah, I could do with a cuddle. Especially after that”

I said “me to”