Quality time

I woke up this morning and I knew that today was going to be hard for Beth, Her first mothers day without her mum. I wanted to be there as much as I could today, tomorrow I’m flying out to Germany for the Bayern game.

Beth was already up, when I walked into the living room she was sitting on the sofa. I sat next to her but faced myself towards her, I said “morning beautiful”

She smiled and said “morning, why you up so early”

“I got cold all of a sudden” I said with a pout

She said “I’ve been up for a while so that clearly wasn’t my fault”

“I woke up and you weren’t there. I missed you” she smiled but she also knew that wasn’t the reason. She leaned into me and we cuddled for a bit.

After about 5 minutes I asked “are you doing rehab today”

“Yeah, but you have training don’t you” Beth asked

I said “yeah but it’s only a light session because of travelling tomorrow. So should be done by 1”

“I could be done by 1” she said and smiled

I asked her “what do you want to do today”

“Spend the day with you” she said

I said “let me re phase the question, what do you want us to do today”

“Honestly babe I don’t mind” Beth said

This wasn’t the first time she called me that but every time she did, I would feel knots in my stomach.

“How about I cook you dinner and then we can watch a movie and cuddle on the sofa”  I said

She said “it sounds perfect to me”

Later, after training I was waiting in the chill room for Beth to finish her rehab session. She text me to tell me she was running behind. Leah came in, she sat on the other end of the sofa that I was sitting on, we were facing each other. She said “how’s Beth today”

“She’s putting on a brave face but you can see she’s hurting” I said

“She’s strong Dan, she will get through it” Leah said

I said “I know she is”

Then Leah asked “how are you doing, you must be finding it hard not having your mum around”

“I’m ok, I’ve come to terms with her not being in my life. I don’t need either one of them after what they did to me” I said

“You will always have your chosen family” Leah said

I said “I know, that’s all that I need”

Viv came into the room and sat down opposite us, it looked like she wanted to say something to me and I think Leah could tell to. Leah got up and said “I’ve got to go; I’m going to see my mum. I’ll catch you guys later”

Viv said “bye Leah”

I said “bye, tell your mum I said hello” she smiled and left the room.

Viv looked at me, I had no idea what she was going to say but I felt really guilty. She said “how are you like that with Leah, after what she did”

I said “I forgave her, we are friends or trying to be anyway. I’ve known her a long time, I always want her to be in my life”

“How did you forgive her so easily though” she asked

“She was sorry and I could see it in her eyes, she was beating herself up about it and she needed me to forgive her” I said

“Can I ask you something” she said

“Yeah of course” I said

She took a deep breath and started talking “you know me and Beth slept together the other night” I nodded

“She told me it was a mistake and that we are over, I’m guessing you already know” Viv said

I nodded and said “yeah she told me”

“She told me there is someone else” she paused for a second and said “do you know who it is”

I said “Did you ask Beth”

“Yeah, she said that she wasn’t ready to say” Viv said

“It’s not my place to tell you, it has to come from Beth but you know that” I said

She looked down at the floor and said “I know”

Just then Beth came into the room and said “hey guys”

Viv looked up and smiled, I smiled too. Thankfully Viv didn’t notice. Viv said “hey, what did the doc say”

Beth said “he said I’m slightly in front at the moment but with these injuries sometimes that can change”

Viv said “that’s good news”

Beth said “yeah it is” she looked at me and then at Viv and said “what are your plans for the rest of the day”

“I have some work to do for my coaching badges so I’m gonna do that, then me and Katie are gonna order pizza for our cheat day. What are you doing” She asked

“Just going to have a quiet afternoon, Will probably call my dad as well. Dani is making dinner so we are just having a chilled night” Beth said

Viv looked at me and then Beth and said “I’m glad you have someone to look after you on days like today” I smiled and so did Beth, then Viv said “you would think that your new girl would be around to support you though”

I can’t believe she just said that, I know Beth hurt her but that wasn’t fair.

Beth said “well, that has nothing to do with you. Dan you ready”

I said “’yeah, come on. Let’s go home”

Later that night me and Beth were sitting on the sofa, we had some music playing. We were cuddling she had been quiet since talking to Viv. Amazing by lonestar started playing, this is one of my favourite songs. I did something I had never done with anyone before. I said “Beth”

She got up a bit and said “yeah”

I smiled at her and said “will you dance with me” she smiled and nodded her head. We got up, she put her arms around my neck and I put mine around her waist and we slow danced while I sang to her. The song finished and we hugged then we sat back down. She cuddled into me but I could tell something was bothering her. After a bit she said “what was you and Viv talking about earlier”

“Me forgiving Leah and being able to still be friends after what she did and she asked me who you were seeing. I told her that that had to come from you” I said

Beth said “it’s going to hurt her”

I said “I know but what are we meant to do, If you don’t want this Beth then I will understand” I got a little choked up because this is what I want.

Beth said “hey” I looked at her and she said “I do want this but I don’t want to hurt anyone”

I said “I know babe, neither do I”

She smiled at me and said “thank you”

I was a bit confused so I said “for what”

“For today, the food and also dancing with me. I never knew you was such a romantic” Beth said

I said “neither did I, maybe you bring it out in me”

“You never did that for anyone before” she asked

I shook my head and said “no I haven’t”

She leaned in and kissed me. It turned into  quite a passionate kiss.