I want to kiss you

I got into bed in my joggers and a t-shirt. I lay on my back looking at the ceiling while Beth was getting ready. She got into bed lay down and put her head on my chest and her arm over my waist. She said “is this ok”

I said “yeah it is” then I put my arm around her.

We just lay in silence for a bit. Why did this feel so right. I breathed in quite heavily and let out a deep breath, Beth said “what’s up”

“Just thinking” I said

“About what” She asked

I said “you do know that someone else wanted to be here next to you tonight don’t you”

“Yeah, I kind of got that feeling” Beth said

“And you wouldn’t rather her be here right now instead of me” I asked

She said “no, I’m glad your here”

I didn’t say anything and neither did Beth for a bit. I was just enjoying the moment. I thought that Beth had drifted off to sleep but then she moved and propped herself up with her arm. She was looking at me and she sighed. I turned my head to look at her and she whispered “I want to kiss you”

“Me to” I said. I took a deep breath and continued “but probably not a good idea with both of our exes in the other room”

“No, I guess not” she said. She put her head back down on my chest and eventually she did drift off to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up but Beth wasn’t next to me. I checked the time it was still early but I got up anyway. I made my way to the kitchen. As I walked in, I saw Beth standing by the sink.

I said “morning, Your up early”

She said “morning, yeah I woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep. I didn’t want to wake you so I got up”

“Are you ok” I asked

“I’m not sure to be honest” she said

I walked over to her and gave her a side hug and smiled at her. Just in this moment Viv and Leah walked in. Viv said “are you ok”

Beth said “yeah, the movie last night just got me thinking about my mum. I’ll be ok though”

“How did you two sleep?” I asked

Viv said “I slept ok”

Leah and Viv sat in the chairs at the table. I stayed standing next to Beth. We were both now leaning against the sink.

Leah looked around at the three of us and said “can I tell you guys something”

Beth said “yeah of course you can, we are your friends”

I nodded and then Viv nodded too.

Leah took a deep breath and said “me and Jordan are together”

Beth looked at me and obviously I wasn’t surprised because I already knew but I think it caught both Viv and Beth by surprise a bit.

Viv said “but you and Dani have only just split up”

Leah said “I know that”

Then Beth said “you knew” she was looking at me

I said “I did know. It’s kind of a long story but I’ll tell you about it later, But I’m happy for them if this is what they want. They are my friends and always will be”

Leah looked at me and smiled then she said “thanks for giving me the push I needed”

I smiled at her.

Viv said “I better go I need to go and get ready but I’ll see you guys later”

Leah said “yeah me to”

Beth saw them both out. As soon as she came back into the kitchen she said “so spill”

I said “ok, they have been seeing each other since just after the new year”

Beth looked at me confused so I told her the rest “I was seeing Jordan to. When I split with Leah, me and Jordan decided to split as well”

Beth said “That’s what you had to tell me before”

I nodded, then she said “that’s what you wanted”

“At the time but not now” I said

She walked over to me and she was quite close and said “what do you want now”

“I think you already know the answer to that, but it’s too complicated at the moment isn’t it”

I said

She nodded and said “yeah it is”