Liverpool and Reading

We had put our team celebration on hold. We had games that we had to prepare for. We have a bit of time off coming up soon so we had planned a party then. But until then our focus was back on the WSL.

It’s now 3 days after our cup win and we are playing Liverpool at Meadow Park in a 7.15pm kick off.

I am starting again tonight but I’m playing on the right wing.

The game is about to get underway. I look around the stadium and I love it here. I see Beth sitting in the stand with Viv and Steph Catley who picked up an injury in training. She would be out for a little bit. I still don’t know what is going on with Beth and Viv and I can’t help but be jealous of the amount of time that they get to spend together. I tried to shake it off. I need to get my head in the game.

The whistle blew.

In the 1st minute we have won a free kick in a dangerous area. Katie McCabe goes to take she crosses the ball. Stina gets a shot off but it hits the post.

In the 9th minute we get a corner which McCabe takes. The cross falls to Stina she gets a head on it but it goes wide of the goal.

2 minutes later Maanum plays Stina in and she shoots but she misses.

In the 18th minute Maanum plays the ball to me, I create a chance I shoot but the shot is blocked.

Right down the other end they have a shot but the ball is saved by Zinsberger.

I felt my ankle pull again. I got a bit worried so I sit down, the medical team are quickly on. I tell them what’s wrong they spray my ankle and give me a couple of pain killers. I want to continue.

In the 21st minute Foord plays Maanum in, she shoots but the ball is pushed out for a corner.

The corner is wasted.

3 minutes later I see Leah on a run and she is free so I play a through ball to her but she is flagged for offside. She ran past me and I said “nice run”

She winked at me and said “thanks”

In the 28th minute I play the ball back to Stina who is just outside the area she shoots and scores. I run over to celebrate with her. 1-0 to us

They have a player booked for a bad foul in the 33rd minute.

I take the free kick and Maanum gets on the end of it but her shot is blocked.

In the 34th minute I cross the ball into the box, it goes all the way through to Foord on the other side she heads the ball into the back of the net. 2-0

Over the next 10 minutes we have a couple of shots through Stina, Maanum and Walti but all are saved by their keeper.

In the second half, they make a triple substitution at the start. Then we kick off.

I try to play Foord through on goal but she is caught offside.

Foord had a shot in the 50th minute but it gets blocked.

Over the next 10 minutes a lot of fouls are committed by both teams.

In the 61st minute Kuhl comes on for Walti and Lotte replaces Leah.

They have a shot 2 minutes later but it is missed.

We have a corner in the 69th minute, I swing it in, Stina gets a head on it but its wide.

In the 70th minute Foord and Wienroither go off, on comes Gio and Maritz to replace them.

The last 20 minutes are a dud. We win 2-0.

4 days later we play Reading at Meadow Park. I played the whole 90 minutes, I started at left back then on the hour mark I moved to right back.

We win 4-0 with goals from Kim Little who scored a penalty, Frida Maanum, an own goal from former Arsenal player Emma Mukandi and Leah scoring the final goal but also this was her first goal for Arsenal in a year.