Caitlin and Lia

Tonight, we are playing Everton away. It has been almost a week since me and Beth split up. Beth and Viv are in Dubai doing some charity work so at least it hasn’t been awkward at home.

Beth and I haven’t really talked so I don’t know if she did actually get back with Viv.

We are in position Wally is back in the starting line-up. I’m back to playing right wing.

Over the first 10 minutes they give away a few free kicks that we can’t take advantage of.

Karen Holmgaard does get booked for a challenge on Foord.

We have our first attempt at goal in the 16th minute. A shot from Stina which is assisted by me but the attempt is blocked.

There is a small delay in the game in the 20th minute as Stina goes down injured. But she is going to be ok.

In the 29th minute Maritz plays a ball to Foord. She shoots from the centre of the box and it goes into the bottom left corner of the net. 0-1 to us.

They have their first attempt in the 30th minute but it is blocked.

They are able to recycle the ball and cross into the box and Agnes Beever-Jones shoots but it is high over the bar.

We have a corner in the 33rd minute. I go over to take. I pass to McCabe who is just outside the area. She shoots and it goes into the bottom right corner. I run to celebrate with her. 0-2 to us.

3 minutes later I see Foord is free. I pass to her; she shoots but it is saved by the keeper.

In the 38th minute I find Stina in the box. She shoots but this is saved as well.

A minute later Stina has an attempt with her head that is saved. This time the cross was from McCabe.

The ball comes back out to me, I cross in and Foord is on the end with her head and it goes into the centre of the goal. 0-3 to us

In the 41st minute McCabe wins a free-kick. Maanum takes and sends the ball into the box Lotte Wubben-Moy connects with her head and it goes past the keeper into the back of the net. 0-4 to us

In the dying minutes of the first half McCabe and Foord have attempts but neither go into the back of the net.

At the start of the second half Rafa is replaced by Taylor. We move to a 4-4-2 formation again. I’m playing the right of midfield.

In the 47th minute Agnes Beever-Jones challenges for the ball and takes out Lia Walti. It was over the ball and Lia is hurt. Myself, Foord and Zinsberger run to check on her. Some of our players are surrounding the ref they are fuming. Foord stays with Lia and I try to calm my team mates down.

The ref pulls out a red card for Beever-Jones. She is crying. Myself and the Everton captain go over to her to console her. I say “It was an accident; she will be ok”

Lia gets stretchered off the pitch. Looks like she may have broken her ankle.

I get all the girls into a huddle and try and get their heads back into the game. It was a blow losing Lia and she will probably be out of the rest of the season. Let’s just hope she will make the world cup.

They scored in the 85th minute to make it 1-4 to us. We all found it hard to get into any sort of a rhythm after losing Lia.

We were staying in a hotel overnight as it is just over a 3-hour drive back to London Colney.

Lia is my roommate. She went to the hospital and she is in a protective boot as she did break her ankle but it isn’t as bad as first thought but she is still in quite a bit of pain.

Lia was lying in bed and she said “Dani, can I ask you a question?”

I was lying on my bed, I turned to her and said “yeah of course you can”

She turned her head to look at me and said “do you think that Caitlin still has feelings for me?”

“I don’t know. She seemed pretty concerned about you tonight. We all were but there was no way she was leaving your side so maybe. But the best person to ask about it would be Caitlin” I said

“What if she says no? I will get hurt all over again” Lia said

“I suppose if you want to know, that is a risk you will have to take” I said

“Maybe. I wish that I didn’t still feel this way about her then it would be easier” she said

I said “but life doesn’t work out easy does it” I said

“I suppose not. Anyway, how’s Beth?” She asked

I said “as far as I know she is ok”

She looked confused and said “as far as you know?”

I said “yeah. I haven’t spoken to her. We broke up”

“What happened?” she asked

“I ended things. Told her to be with Viv. I know they still love each other” I said

“You love her though?” Lia asked

“Yeah of course I do. That’s why I had to end it” I said

“Are you ok?” she asked

“Yeah, I am” I said.

Then I said “I thought that you and Leah were getting closer”

She said “we were, I think we like each other but I don’t know if it’s as more than friends. Me and Leah haven’t really had a conversation about it”

“But you’re interested in getting back together with Caitlin?” I asked

“I love her” Lia said

“Stringing Leah along isn’t fair though” I said

“I know. I need to have a conversation with both of them, don’t I?” Lia asked

I replied “Yeah I think you do”