I need to know we are ok

Some of the girls are going over to Beth and Viv’s tonight to show them that we are behind them all the way. Viv had news that she has ruptured her ACL and as it is a grade 2 tear, she will definitely need to have surgery on it.

Beth had her surgery just before the Villa game. She was doing well.

We arrive at 7pm. Most of the other girls are already here. Myself and Leah spent the first couple of hours next to each other talking to Viv. Leah wondered off about half an hour ago. I looked around to see where she was but I couldn’t see her. That’s when Viv said “She went into the kitchen with Jordan”

I said “Oh”

“You ok with that” Viv asked

“I can’t stop them from talking can I” I said

“No. But to leave and be in a different room” Viv said

I replied “I trust Leah though. She can talk to who she wants. I’m not her keeper”

Beth came over to us and said “Where did Leah go”

“Kitchen” I said

Beth said “ok” and then limped to the kitchen.

After about an hour of Beth going into the kitchen. Beth, Jordan and Leah came out. Both Leah and Jordan looked like they had been crying. Leah came and sat next to me but she put her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her and said “Are you ok”

“I don’t really want to talk about it” she said

I said “Ok”

A little while later Viv said she was getting tired so we all decided to leave.

When me and Leah got home, she went in the shower then got changed and went to bed. Something was clearly up but she obviously didn’t want to talk to me about it. I showered then put some joggers and a hoodie on and got into bed. I was lying on my back just looking up at the ceiling. I thought Leah was asleep but she moved over towards me and put her head on my chest. I put my arm around her and cuddled her. Clearly, she needed comfort, she would talk to me when she was ready.

The next day I woke up before Leah did. I went to the kitchen made a coffee and then sat on a stool at the breakfast bar. To pass a bit of time I went through my social’s, when I was on Instagram I saw a picture of my hug with Leah on the pitch after Viv’s injury. It was blowing up. People were wondering if there was a romantic relationship between us or if we were still just friends. I went through loads of comments and then Leah walked in and said “What are you looking at”

I knew I had to show her she would see it anyway when she went on to her socials. I passed her my phone. She said “well I guess that was my fault” I didn’t know what to say I knew she didn’t want this. “I’m sorry”

She said “Like I said it was my fault. I chose to comfort you on the pitch”

I could tell that she was bothered by it but what was I meant to say. I decided to change the subject and I said “are you ok after last night. You seemed pretty upset”

Leah said “yeah I’m fine”

“Do you want to talk about it” I asked

Leah said “No not really. We don’t need to talk about everything”

Leah put my phone down on the counter. I picked it up and said “Ok. Well, you know where I am if you want to talk about it. I’m going to get ready for training” I walked away she didn’t say anything while I was walking away.

Leah drove us to training. The car ride was silent. We both got out the car, she didn’t even wait to walk in with me so I walked behind her. We walked into the boot room. I put my boots on and went out to the practice pitch before anyone else did. I was just shooting the ball at an open net when Lia appeared beside me and said “are you ok”

“Yep, I’m fine. I just wanted to get started. You know me I’m eager” I said

Lia said “Leah sent me to check on you so that is clearly not true is it”

“Really, I’m ok. I don’t want to talk about it. I just want to get on with training” I said

Lia said “Ok”

“Thanks for checking on me though” I said

I saw Leah and Jordan walk out talking. I turned back to what I was doing. Lia went over to Leah and Jordan I’m guessing to tell them what I said

We got through training. Leah drove me home and as we walked into the house, she said that she was going to get changed. She was going to see Jordan. I didn’t even say anything I just sat on the sofa.

After she was ready, she walked into the living room. She sat on the sofa next to me and said “I hate this”

I looked at her and said “you hate what”

She said “Us like this”

“I didn’t course this Le, I don’t even know what’s going on so I don’t know what to say to you” I said

“I know. I will talk to you about it but I can’t yet. I need to know we are ok” Leah said

“We’re fine” I said. I’m not sure if either one of us believed it.