Brighton away

Today Beth is going to collect her MBE. Her Dad, brother and Viv are going with her. I have a game later. We are playing Brighton away. I’m upset that I can’t go but also, I’m upset that Beth asked Viv to go with her. I know that they are friends but I feel like maybe there is more to it. I know I’m going to have to talk Beth but I’m scared that she will tell me that I’m right. For now, I have to try and get my head into the Brighton game. We still have to make sure that we qualify for a champions league next season. It is still possible for us to win the WSL but it is unlikely.  

It’s a 7.30pm kick off. We have done our warm up. Wally started feeling unwell so she isn’t starting, Because of this my position has changed from right wing to the centre of midfield. I have to do a job for my team. I am playing alongside Maanum.

The game starts off well.

In the 6th minute a Brighton defender slips and Stina takes advantage. With only the keeper to beat she steps across and shoots into the far corner and it flies into the back of the net.

2 minutes later Stina steals the ball deep in the Brighton half. She picks her spot and side foots it past the keeper into the back of the net. We all run over to celebrate with her. 0-2 to us.

Brighton starts to settle into the game but we still have most of the possession. We are just passing the ball around waiting for an opening. We are going to stay patient.

In the 28th minute McCabe delivers an inch perfect cross for Stina who rises well, she heads goal wards and it smashes off the crossbar.

In the 39th minute Maritz picks out Maanum in the area. She has loads of time, she shoots and scores. 0-3 to us

In the 45th minute Maanum plays the ball to me, the weight of the pass in perfect and I’m able to get a shot away first time. I think the keeper was expecting me to cross the ball. It flies past her at her near post and into the back of the net. I’m delighted, the girls run over to hug and congratulate me 0-4 to us.

Not long after the whistle goes for half time.

At the start of the second half Brighton make a couple of subs and we also make one with Rafa going off and Gio coming on to replace her. Changing our formation to a 4-4-2. McCabe goes back to left back.

In the 50th minute Stina finds Gio who shoots but it is just wide. She has come on with so much energy. She is all over the right-hand side.

7 minutes later Taylor shoots but it ricochets to Gio, she loops one but the keeper catches.

In the 59th minute I play Stina in, she shoots but the keeper palms the ball away.

In the 65th minute we are sloppy at the back and they are able to get a shot away but Zinsberger saves.

In the 68th minute Taylor puts one on a plate for Khul but the shot is tame and the keeper is able to get it away to safety.

3 minutes later there is a lovely one-two between Stina and Gio, but Gio overstretches and looks like she has hurt her hamstring. She needs medical attention.

In the 74th minute Foord makes her return from injury for Gio who was unable to come back on after getting hurt.

In the 81st minute Stina has anothetr chance to complete her hat-trick but the keeper is able to divert the ball away from goal.

In the 85th minute Teyah Goldie comes on to replace Stina and Khul also goes off and is replaced by Freya Godfrey who is making her senior debut.

There are 4 added minutes.

In the 93rd minute I cross the ball into the box but it goes all the way to the other side and Maanum delivers for Foord but heads towards goal but it is well saved.

The whistle goes for Full time. We win 4-0 and move ourselves up to third in the table. We are in a champion’s league place. We just have to keep going for the last 3 games.