Making amends

Beth and I are at home the day before the Bayern game at the Emirates. Beth had a rehab session earlier and I trained ahead of tomorrows match.

Beth and Viv have been getting along better the last couple of days which considering they are rehabbing together can only be good for the both of them.

We are just sitting on the sofa cuddled up watching friends when the doorbell goes. Beth gets up to get it. I can’t really hear who it is. When they both come in, I can see that it’s Viv. She looked at me and said “Hi”

“Hi Viv, how are you” I asked

Viv said “I’m ok thanks. I just needed to speak to Beth maybe just her and me”

I looked at Beth she didn’t really do anything so I guess it was up to me. I wasn’t sticking around when I was clearly in the way. I said “No worries” I got up, put my trainers on and shouted “Rona, come on. Walkies” Beth’s dog ran over to me. On the way out I put her lead on and left the house to take her for a walk. I walked to a field about ten minutes from the apartment so I could let Rona off the lead. I did wonder what Viv wanted to talk to Beth about. I suppose Beth will tell me if she wants me to know.

About an hour an a half after I left, my phone started ringing. I took it out of my pocket it was Beth. I didn’t want to talk to her yet so I put my phone on silent and put it back in my pocket.

After another half an hour I walked back to the apartment. I got in and took Rona’a lead off. She ran into the living room. I took my time at taking my trainers off and then I walked slowing into the living room where Beth was sitting on the sofa looking at her phone. I said “hey” I walked into the kitchen and got myself a drink. I shouted to Beth “do you want anything”

She said “no thanks”

I walked back into the living room and sat in my usual place on the sofa. Beth looked at me and said “is everything ok?”

I replied “yeah, why?”

She said “I called you, you didn’t answer”

I took my phone out of my pocket and said “sorry I didn’t realise, it’s on silent”

Beth said “oh ok, how come you was gone so long?”

“didn’t want to get in the way” I said

“She came to apologise for holding a grudge for so long and for some of the stuff that she said” Beth said

“Well at least she acknowledges that she was out of order” I said

Beth said “she asked if we could go to the game tomorrow together and try and be friends again”

“that’s good. I hope you guys can be” I said

She said “I feel like something is up with you”

“To be honest I don’t know if there is. I felt like I had to go out of my own home for you two to talk. I get the feeling that she has an inkling that it’s me that you’re with” I said

“Why” Beth asked

“Because she never talks to me anymore” I said

She said “maybe she’s just uncomfortable because she knows that we were friends before you and her was”

I said “maybe. I’m guessing you didn’t tell her”

She shook her head and said “she’s just getting over the bitterness over the break up, I didn’t think it was the right time”

“Ok, fair enough” I said

Beth said “is that ok?”

“You know her better than I do Beth, it’s your call” I said