Leah's comeback

Tonight we are playing Juventus at the Juventus stadium. In match day 3 of the champions league.

Myself, Viv and Jordan are all in the starting 11.

The first half was a stale mate. The whole half was back and forth neither of us could get a foot hold in the game.

We come out in the second half determined to play our best football.

In the 48th minute Lia was caught late by Pedersen who gets booked for it. She needs a bit of treatment but she is ok to continue.

We have couple of consecutive corners which lead to nothing.

Then in the 52nd minute we are caught out, Beerensteyn scores. Girelli played a through ball and she took her chance.

The girl’s heads go down. I do what I can to try and get their heads up and back in the game.

I shout “Come on gooners. We got this”

This seemed to get to some of the other players as Viv and Katie start to do the same thing.

In the next 8 minutes they have a lot of the ball. They built up a bit of momentum.

Then in the 61st minute we have a corner which Maanum takes. She swings it in and Viv rises and meets the ball with her head and shoots it goal wards and it goes in the back of the net. I run over to her and jump on her back I know this is mine and Beth’s thing but I’m sure she won’t mind.

Stina got booked 2 minutes later for a bad foul on one of their defenders.

Then in the 65th minute Jen Beattie comes on for Jordan.

The next 15 minutes is a bit like the first half.

Then in the 80th minute I get fouled and I’m hurt. Viv runs over to me and she stays talking to me while the medical team assess me. I do make my way to my feet but I come off limping. My ankle was taken out. I just hope it’s not serious. I decided that it’s too painful to continue so Jonas makes a change and Maritz is on for me.

The rest of the half continues the same way. The game finishes 1-1.

We got home the next day. Leah and Beth were waiting at London Colney for me and Viv. We got off the coach and walked over to Leah and Beth. I hugged Leah and then Beth. Viv hugged Beth and then Leah. I’m glad that they were getting along now and Leah knew and we were just friends.

Leah said “How’s your ankle”

I stretched it out and said “It’s ok I just rolled it. I think I panicked more than anything”

Beth said “so you will be ok”

“Yeah they said will just be a couple of days and should be fine”

We all went back to Beth and Viv’s apartment. I needed to pack the rest of my stuff up. I was moving into Leah’s at the weekend as we have no game. Viv is going to help. Beth said she will be there to supervise. She had the news that she would have to have an operation to repair her acl, she was waiting for a date for it.

On the Saturday myself, Leah and Viv loaded my stuff into mine and Viv’s cars. It didn’t take too long. We drove to Leah’s and took the stuff in. We sat down on the sofa with Beth after we had finished. My ankle was still a bit sore but I think I would be ok to get back into training on Monday.

Monday came and Leah drove me and her to training. She was also back with the team training.

The smile on her face had not moved this morning.

I said to her while we were walking in “Your happy today”

She said “Yeah of course I am. I have my girl living with me now and I have football back. What more could I ask for”

It did make me smile and I said “fair enough. I get it”

“Is your ankle going to be ok for training today” Leah said

“You worry to much. I am going to be assessed by the medical team first but I think they will clear me to train” I said

She said “good. I hope that you will be in the team for my comeback”

“I hope to be” I said

We were playing Everton at Meadow Park. Leah and I drove to the stadium together. As we got out the car there were already some fans waiting so we signed some autographs and took pictures.

We then went into the changing room. My kit was hung up next to Leah’s. I sat down smiling. Leah was watching me and she said “Why you smiling like that”

“It felt so weird not having you next to me for the last 2 months. It’s good to have you back” I said

“It is good to be back and with you here as well” She said

I leaned over and kissed her cheek “I love you”

She smiled and said “I love you too”

Viv and I warmed up together and Leah warmed up with Jordan who was her usual warm up partner.

Myself and Viv were in the starting line up. Jordan was dropped to the bench.

Leah and Rafa were both named on the bench as well.

I was leading the team out today. I was so proud. Captaining the team that I have supported my whole life.

We had a lot of shots in the first half. Viv managed to score in the 24th minute with an assist from Foord.

We were not clinical enough throughout the whole game. We completely controlled it in all areas.

The only sub of the game came in the 69th minute Leah came on for her comeback and her 200th appearance for Arsenal. I smiled I was so proud of her. When she ran past me to her position of course I took the armband off and put it on her. She tried to stop me but I wouldn’t let her.

The rest of the game went pretty much the same. We took the 3 points. We won 1-0.