North London derby

Today we are playing Spurs away, it was only a 40-minute coach ride to the stadium. It’s a Saturday 3pm kick off.

We were in position I’m playing right wing today.

The game is underway. We start off really well we have created a good tempo to the game.

In the 4th minute despite our good start Spurs have the first chance of the game. Ayane crosses into the box but Zinsberger cuts it out.

Zinsberger throws the ball to Leah who sends a beautiful ball up field into my path, I leave it because I see Stina in a good position, she gets onto the ball. She shoots and she scores 1-0 to us

In the 10th minute we have a corner, I go over to take. I swing the ball in and Leah is first to attack it but Drew Spence is able to get the ball clear.

In the next minute Drew Spence has a shot but it goes wide.

In the 19th minute Maanum shoots but the keeper saves it easily.

Over the next 10 minutes neither side can get a shot away.

In the 29th minute Foord comes infield, I have the ball I see her run and pass her the ball, she shoots and it curls into the back of the net. 2-0 to us

In the 31st minute I manage to get a shot off and it looks like it’s going in but the keeper gets down well and saves it.

In the 38th minute Neville shoots and it comes off McCabe’s arm, The ref blows her whistle and says penalty. Beth England takes this and puts it past D’Angelo. 2-1

They have another shot in the 43rd minute but it sails over the crossbar.

The second half starts.

4 minutes into the second half Maanum crosses the ball into the box but Neville gets there just before Foord can pull the trigger.

A minute later Foord crosses in for Maanum but there’s a deflection and the keeper saves easily.

In the 52nd minute we have a corner which McCabe takes; she swings it in Lotte tries to head goal wards but it goes wide.

In minute 58 Kim gets a shot away but it’s straight at the keeper.

6 minutes later McCabe is caught late in the area by Turner and ref says penalty

Of course, it’s Kim Little that steps up to take it. And she buries it 3-1 to us

We all celebrate with her. Leah and Kim have a moment, Leah basically tells her that she is a special player.

In the 67th minute Walti and Maritz come off. On comes Wienroither and Rafa

2 minutes later James is booked after a late challenge on Leah. It looks like it hurt but Leah is up quickly.

I cross the ball in in the 70th minute after a mistake from Neville, Foord gets on the end and fires past the keeper. 4-1 to us

6 minutes later Maanum goes on a run from midfield she shoots and scores 5-1 to us

In the 78th minute Gio comes on to replace Foord

2 minutes later Katie crosses in for Gio who shoots but it comes off the bar

I cross in in the 82nd minute, Lotte heads towards goal but it goes wide

In the 83rd minute new signing Jodie Taylor comes n for Stina and Kuhl comes on for Maanum.

2 minutes later Gio collides with a player and she goes down and stays down. She’s hurt. She won’t continue. We have no more subs so have to finish the game with 10 players.

In the 94th minute Jodie Taylor shoots but it’s over the bar.

The full-time whistle goes. We win and pick up the 3 points.  We go second and we are only 2 points off Chelsea who currently top the table.