A not so happy birthday

I woke up in my old bed at Beth’s apartment. It took me a while to get to sleep.

My mind was all over the place. It still is, I have no clue what to do. Right now I need to get up and get ready for training.

I had to stop off and get a coffee on the way to training as there was nothing in at Beth’s as she was in Whitby. I got to the training centre half an hour before training started. I pulled into the car park and saw that Leah was already here. I got out and walked to the chill room.

As I opened the door, I saw Leah sitting on one of the sofas, her head back, eyes closed and she had her earphones in. She never looked up so the music must be pretty loud. I went and sat next to her. I put my head on her shoulder. She opened her eyes; she smiled the biggest smile that lit up the room. She took her earphones out put her arm around my shoulders and pulled me into a hug.

She said “I missed you last night”

“I missed you too” I said

“You coming home after training today. Maybe we can talk just you and me” Leah asked

I replied “I’ll come home. It probably is a good idea to talk”

We did some pitch training but also did some gym as well.

After we finished our gym work, we all showered and changed. Leah had hardly spoken to anyone all day. She was just putting her hoodie on when I walk over to her. I said “Hey, you ok”

She replied “yeah. I just need to go home. We need to sort this. You mean too much to me”

I said “we will babe”

She smiled at me and said “I just need to grab something on the way home. Are you going straight there”

“Yeah I am. Come on let’s go”

We walked to the car park. I stopped at her car and I said to her “we will be ok babe. I promise”

I pulled her into me. We stood like that for a couple of minutes. She pulled away and said “I’ll see you at home”

I got home about half an hour before Leah did. When she walked in, I was lying on the sofa. I sat up and she sat down next to me. It looked like she was about to burst into tears. It was very unlike Leah. I said “Hey, tell me what’s going on. This isn’t like you”

“I should have talked to you about Jordan before last night. Without her” Leah said

I said “maybe. It was just a shock, I just don’t know where it all came from”

“I think that I denied it myself for a while but when Jordan came to me about her feelings for you as well. I just couldn’t deny it anymore” Leah said

I said “I don’t understand why it took so long to say anything”

Leah said “the truth is that I was scared that I would lose you. I still am”

“I know I asked last night but what happens if I can’t do it. Does that mean that we are over?” I asked

“I don’t know Dan, that would be up to you” Leah said

“Would you be able to make a choice between me and Jordan” I asked

Leah said “I don’t know”

I said “I don’t want anyone to get hurt Le, I just need to be sure before we go into a relationship that is unknown to all of us”

“But aren’t all new relationships the unknown” Leah said