The Waves Whisper [Nanya]

A:THE WAVES WHISPER
Author: arabellah-
Reviewer: nanyapixie6
Number of chapters read: 15

Title: very intriguing, I understand how it relates to a character from the book but not how it relates to the plot and the story in general.

Cover: I like the vibe of having a sea image in front of the couple to represent the waves. The cover is nice though I would say a little plain, but plain is never bad it just needs a little more something, like a bolder text, or more centralised.
The image used is good and the cover gives an overview of the story: you immediately know it's romance

Blurb/Description: I like the start, very straightforward and that's good. Could use a little spice or pinch that would make a reader click the button.
Like a dramatic event that's at the centre of the story or an intriguing part without ruining
what occurred during the "dramatic event"

Originality/creativity: I've watched a lot of Indian series and movies and YES! It matches the vibe. I love that it has two different eras, the modern era and the 1900s era. I'm you still went traditional, the wearing of sarees, the food and others!
I love how realistic it is, the problems Roop goes through and everything. I don't think I've read a story in this dimension here on Wattpad, i.e. telling the story of another.

Grammar/punctuation: spacing between speeches and descriptions is needed. It's kind of conjoined together in some places. Very good use of Punctuation in the right places! No
issues there. The grammar could use a little work, the words used are good but some editing makes it better, some words used don't fit in the description e.g using seeing to describe a
person's expression instead of observed or noticed. E.g. 'the water dripping in the bathroom' instead something like 'the shower running'. These were observed only in a few places other than that every other is good :)

Plot: It's very unique and I'll say you executed it well. I found myself more intrigued by Roop's life than Naomi's which is good seeing as the story is about Roop.
It's like a whole different genre but with other genres within (romance, comedy, emotional). Good work!
You don't find stories like this everyday and while it might be your classic cliche it was really interesting that it was written from another point of view.

Writing style: I think you stated English wasn't your first language? But still you wrote it very well. Dived straight into the story, I loved that, no unnecessary long events that move away from the story's Plot. Straightforward and well defined. Story description (describing events as they occur in the story) is very well written, I can easily imagine what is going on well
done!
I learnt that 'beta' means kid!
Both Naomi and I don't understand a word in Hindi, so in some instances where Hindi was spoken, adding a meaning in brackets or italics will be nice. Unless the meaning is not to be known. Placing it at the bottom of the chapter will make a reader go back and start looking for where the word was to understand the meaning. This can be very distracting and cause a person to pause because honestly, it isn't fun going back to find the meaning of words you don't understand.

Character development: Naomi is really like her grandma in their untamed attitude. I love the fact that Roop didn't take rubbish and spoke up, and also the fact that like a normal human, she got emotional at times especially when being mocked for her status. Roop had a really strong character, even though her status was lower than that of Apoorva she still stood her ground.
Apoorva took a whole new turn from being rude and arrogant, he showed his concern and affection for Roop which was really sweet. I'll say he had the best character development in the book.

Overall enjoyment: it was a very fun story to read and also emotional I enjoyed this, and I'm actually looking forward to what will happen next.

If I were to rate the story out of ten I'll give it a solid 7.
KEEP up the good work :)

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.