Mysteries Of Riverwood [Ash]

Book: Mysteries of Riverwood
Author: LMNTrix117
Reviewer: _Ash_es
Chapters read: 3

Cover: 5/5
It's a perfect one for mystery thriller lovers and it matches the genre perfectly. All the elements, the fonts and the colours make it super cool.

Title and blurb: 6/10
I always love titles that that are mysterious like that. They are classic yet intruiging. For the blurb, it was written well with no grammatical mistakes and it was a very interesting one but it doesn't look like a blurb. It's more of an extended synopsis. You basically just narrated the entire story to the readers. After reading it, I don't think that anyone will want to go ahead and read the story because there will be no point. Shorten up the description and tell us that there's been disappearances. That's already a beautiful hook. You don't need to start telling us what happens next. Maybe you could just end it with ‘until the (main character) had an encounter with this ghost…’ That's enough. It will be a beautiful hook and will leave questions in readers' heads.

Introduction: 15/20
Starting off with the news of disappearances was a great hook. And ending it with the discovery of the strange rune was a brilliant idea because we would want to know what it is all about. I like the way you described the main character’s emotions when the evil ghost showed up. It was really necessary to show not tell in that part and you nailed. I noticed that in the beginning, you repeated the fact that his parents are overseas. Try to avoid repetition as it makes the worl redundant. Also it wasn't a good idea to give readers a heads up that something bad was going to happen soon. Make them surprised when it happens. Also, despite the fact that is was a really interesting beginning, it was like I was reading the blurb but just expanded. One last thing, I don't believe it's necessary to add the time when the main guy received that text because you already mentioned it was midnight.

Mechanics: 10/10
Perfect all through. Amazing job!

Plot: 4/5
It's a very intriguing and mysterious story. I really want to know more about this ghost that keeps haunting them. The friendships are very likable and there's a lot of chemistry. I just think the pacing was too slow at some parts and it would have been preferable if you remove some dialogue, add more action and progress the story.

Originality: 10/10
It's a great story. Your ideas for it are really creative and gives a nice hook.

Writing style: 17/20
Your style is unique and impressive. Your writing is above amateur level and is really underrated. Your descriptions are remarkable and your overall use of words are impressive. There were only a few instances where I believe some words could be replaced to make it sound better.

Enjoyment: 16/20
Like I said before, it's an underrated story. It has a nice plot, great hook and is written professionally.

Total: 83/100

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.

𝐅𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐍 | Review Shopजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें